“Heaven on a plate!”

Final Approach Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located at the terminal of the Qualicum Beach Airport, Join us for breakfast, lunch and dinner and witness the excitement of frequent air traffic in a comfortable and relaxing environment. We are closed on select holidays, please visit our website for more information.
Victoria, Canada
“Heaven on a plate!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We try to visit the End of the Runway every time we travel to Qualicum. The food is always absolutely delicious. The atmosphere is relaxing. The owners and staff make everyone feel at home.

Today, DH had the spectacular chicken salad. I had the marvellous halibut with sweet potato & regular potato fries. Incredible coleslaw! Interesting variety of fresh fruit.

We highly recommend this lovely restaurant

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Hugs20

Maple Ridge
“But not my Final visit........”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was delightfully surprised when I met some family friends at The FInal Approach at Qualicum Beach's airport for lunch on Sunday. I had flown out of Qualicum International many years ago and remember it as a sleepy, small town experience. Things have changed. The FInal Approach is a vibrant, tasty and tasteful restaurant located next to the runway (one plane arrived while we were having lunch) that is becoming a destination for those in the know. Not a table to be had, inside or out at one point. The restaurant is spacious with a sunny patio. Food was prepared with care by Lawrence Duckett with emphasis on healthy fare that tempts the eye and the taste buds. NorthWest cooking at its best. My buffalo burger was juicy and perfectly seasoned; my friend's fish and chips were light and crisp. Desserts are made on location - my coconut cream pie was about 5 inches high and filled with real cream and coconut too. On a crisp pastry shell no less. Lovely.
The other partner in this enterprise is Richard Dolen, a wise and charming man who shares his humour and experiences with guests who clearly feel at home there. A couple at another table were celebrating a 60th anniversary and were beautifully serenaded by Aaron, a member of the staff. All in all, a wonderful experience that I will not only remember but look forward to repeating the next time i'm in Qualicum.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank rautta1
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chicken strips were raw twice.”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The first set of chicken strips were pink raw in the middle. The second set of chicken strips were raw pink raw in the middle. My son ate one strip of the first set before saying anything to us. I hope he is not going to get sick over this lunch out. Two different people cooked the chicken strips and both came out pink raw in the middle.

1 Thank lookingforgoodfoo
Vancouver, Canada
“Best food in QB”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The only place worth dining out in QB is the FINAL APPROACH.. The food is prepared by an amazing chef that touches your soul...Make sure you have a reservation as it fills up quickly.. You will go back every chance you get just so you can have the Cocoanut pie melt in your mouth..A truly decadent experience...You will never duplicate the pie..I tried but gave up..

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Neil0000
Victoria, Canada
“Just Ok.”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

This restaurant did not live up to its reviews.
I had the halibut special, it was over cooked and almost choked on the bones left in it.
The service staff did nothing to compensate.
Won't go back.