“Beautiful View -- Fun place to eat”
Review of The Beach Hut

The Beach Hut
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We're not talking fine dining here...and that is okay since this place is about having a seaside snack and moving on to other adventures. The ice cream is the focus here and you have a wide range of flavours to choose from. Is the best ice cream in town? Maybe. Frosteez at QF has fantastic ice cream, but it sure doesn't have the same amazing view. This is a place to sit down and soak up the atmosphere, have a nice cream and enjoy your relaxation time in Qualicum Beach.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Some of these nasty reviews sadly don't surprise me at all. The local stuffy, self entitled, blowhards that make up this community are some of the pickiest , snobbiest you'll ever come across. It's a damn beach hut- OK? Not The Keg. Relax. Its a place to go for an ice cream and a burger. Yes- the view and setting usually outdo the food. So what?!

3  Thank Nucks_94
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Location, Location, right on the beach front with fabulous views. But the food and coffee is awful.
I ordered a plane toasted bagel with butter and received a warm onion bagel served in a take out disposable dish nominally used for French fries; the coffee was so weak I could almost see the bottom of the paper cup. I queried my order and was told that’s how it comes !!. The washroom needed restocking as well as a good clean.

A big disappointment as I make a point of bringing friends and visitors to The Beach Hut but never again will I waste my time.

1  Thank tiggins
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This place is on the water front in Qualicum Beach. Its outdoors eating with some tables on the patio deck, looking out onto the water. Nice food and a place to go and have Soft or Hard ice cream with so many flavours to choice from. I thing you would have to come every day they are open to try everyone of them. it is a seasonal place.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We visit the Beach Hut frequently whenever we are in Qualicum Beach; our latest meal here was typical of the quality and service we have experienced previously.
We find the food here a little pricey, but good. The quality remains consistent year to year, despite staff changes. Example: one chicken burger, one hotdog with cheese, both with fries and a (canned) Coke: $22. However, the chicken burger was excellent, as were the French fries. The hotdog was pretty standard. Other fare we have tried in the past include burgers, chicken strips, and ice cream (vanilla). All have been perfectly acceptable; well prepared and tasty. Overall, no complaints from us.
Service has been fine, too, if somewhat casual. But we have never had bad service here, either. Our last visit was on a very busy afternoon, yet our order (above) was cooked and served in 10 minutes.
Given the stunning location on the beach, and as long as the quality remains good, this will remain a favourite stop for us when we're in the area.