“Best restaurant in Qualicum Beach”

Giovanni's Ristorante & Lounge
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine Italian cuisine in a friendly and informal atmosphere. Giovanni's provides an elegant and delicious Italian dining experience 6 evenings per week. Reservations strongly recommended. Patio open in summer. Everything from pastas, to steak, seafood, chicken, veal, lamb, and gluten-free options. Extensive wine list. Open from 5 pm - 9 pm. Lounge open at 12 pm for lunch.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have been there twice and both times the food and service were excellent. The other day we both ordered the lobster/crab pasta special. The waitress failed to tell us but we were pleasantly surprised when the meal came with two lobster tails surrounding the pasta.A yummy surprise for a good price. They also carry organic wine which we prefer. The best fine dining we have found in the Oceanside area.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I took my family here for a farewell dinner before they left for Europe. It was a lovely time. The food was excellent and adapted to vegetarian/vegan requests with helpful friendliness and concern to get everything just right. Service was superb. Food was timed perfectly and the waiter was attentive and friendly without being intrusive. The restaurant has atmosphere and character and all the little details are done just right. I think it is a thoroughly professional high-end operation. We enjoyed the evening, the food and the service. Well worth the money.

1  Thank normpimm
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Reserved a table a few Sundays ago, and as we have eaten here before I expected the same standard of food and service as on my previous visits (usually midweek). We arrived on time, and our waitress gave us the menus immediately. and asked what she could get us for a starter drink, I asked for a few minutes to decide, then she never came back for about 15 minutes. I ordered a wild mushroom soup to start with, then my main. and the rest of the party ordered their main meals and I ordered a carafe of white wine at the same time. The wine arrived almost immediately, along with their complimentary bruccetta, but I had to wait about 1/2 hour for the soup to arrive, (don't know why it took so long, as the soup is already made, but it was good nevertheless) Also HAD to ask for some bread with the soup. Another 1/2 hour wait for the main meal to arrive. We had been in the restaurant now for 1 hour and 20 minutes before my guests got their meal ( it was not all that busy too) and we had drunk all the wine by that time. I had the lamb shank osso bucco, and others in the party had the stuffed veal. Everyone commented that the veal was very dry and overcooked, and all the main meals lacked in "Italian flavour", very bland indeed. Needed more herbs and maybe a little more garlic. Finished of with different desserts which were excellent. Later I was told that Giovanni does not work on Sundays, and this probably explains the standard of the main course. But there should not be any excuse for the very slow service. TIP -when making a reservation ask for the waiter with blond curly hair, he has always been excellent.

1  Thank Richard R
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Found this restaurant through a brief view on Tripadvisor recommendations and was certainly not disappointed.

The food ordered was excellent, and the service provided by the waiter similar. It is not all restaurants and waiters who are able to handle a family of 5 including a 2-year old toddler. At Giovanni's we were all seen and catered for; we had a very nice evening and went home with full stomachs and a smile on our faces.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

After a disappointed eveing at another restaurant(no food being served before me and my wife finally walked out after more than an hour of waiting). Me and my wife were femished. We were pointed in Giovanni's direction by locals because it was 2100 and most of the restaurants in town is closed and Giovanni's still open. We were given and warm welcome and seated right away. After the server heard our unfortunate event at the other restaurant, she brought us right away a much welcomed Bruschetta. We then ordered mussels as appettizer, a halibut and salmon for entree. All of them were very very good. Menu is very classic Italian.