“Excellent Again”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Riviere du Loup
Motel Au Vieux Fanal
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Riviere du Loup
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Again this year we stayed at the Motel Au Vieux Fanal. As it is every year the whole experience was excellent. Different this year is that we stayed in one of the larger units. The extra room to move around was well worth the added cost. The sunsets from the river view rooms is phenomenal. The pool at this motel is outdoors and heated. Unfortunately I always seem to bring either rain or cooler weather when I visit. A bit of a joke between me and the owners, but when I am able to use it, it's great.

Room Tip: All rooms that I have stayed in are great. The smaller rooms are very small, but great if you are ju...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bigfatoldguy

Reviewed July 25, 2013

On July 21, 2013 we were at Motel Au Vieux Fanal, Rivière-du-Loup. The owner accommodates us because we wanted 3 beds. We stayed not in the motel in the basement of a house which was to be rented. We had 2 rooms, with large beds, TV, table, fridge, microwave, etc... We were like home but in a basement. The only thing was that the toilet was smelling and one of the bed was not very good. We advised the owner and she said that she will look at it. We had coffee in the morning, the place was very quiet. We paid 127 $ for three beds, 3 persons. There was no accommodation for 3 persons and three beds. Most of the motels are like that, even Hotel Lévesque Best Wester+.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank France B
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were very clean and fresh smelling and the owner very kind and accommodating. The pool was very nice too and we had a spectacular view on the St. Lawrence. The sunset is amazing. The owner gave us free coffee in the morning and welcomed us back anytime.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Tigerclaw1785
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Decided to stay at this motel based on TA reviews but was greatly disappointed! Rooms are old and out of date and worst of all our room smelt like a 20 year old ash tray that hasn't been aired out I years! The room is supposed to be a non-smoking one and it's very upsetting as we have a 5 month old baby. We had stayed at the hotel levesque across the street a week ago for the same price ($150) the view might have not been as great but the room is brand new (as they are renovating the hotel) and even had a room with two queen beds. The view is spectacular from the room so that is what you are paying for...... Needless to say I can not wait to leave first thing in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is an excellent motel. Fairly priced at $70. Rooms are clean and well maintained, nothing shabby. Go out the back of your room and you have a great view of the St. Lawrence River. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room in the lower part of the motel where it overlooks the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank r g
Reviewed September 25, 2012

On our third day of travelling back from Cape breton, NS to Ontario..and after being on the road for eight hours already that day...my daughter and I came across this motel in Riviere-du-Loupe. We had booked earlier at the Comfort Inn by telephone but got out there and saw it was in an industrial area on the outskirts of town. They also wanted 115 per night plus taxes and wanted to charge me an extra 25 per night for my dog. we cancelled the reservation and drove back down the strip. The owners were incredibly welcoming..and helped to provide anything that we needed. They were accepting of my pet without an extra charge and were very affordably priced. The room was clean and provided a perfect resting spot for us that evening. My doorstep was brightly lit which made me feel better being a single woman travelling with a young child. It was on the main road but was also extremely quiet. I felt very safe, secure, and cozy there. I would definately stay there again if we travelled that direction. and I thoroughly recommend it to others whatever their reason for travelling may be.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Kenzie1122
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This motel is one of my favourite places I've ever stayed. The views of the St. Lawrence are AMAZING! And when they say Riviere-du-Loup has the "best sunsets in Canada", believe it. We watched the sun set below a stormy sky behind the mountains lining the St. Lawrence - all from the comfort of our room and our back patio!

The motel looks retro, but the rooms have been updated, and ours even had a flat screen TV. It was very comfortable, and very very clean.

I look forward to one day going back to Riviere-du-Loup. I will definitely stay at this Motel when I go.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple