See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2017

I was doing a trip around Gaspisie and this hostel was a perfect first stop coming from Montreal. The hostel is a lovely old home with lots of charm. Very spacious common areas and kitchen, as well as great outdoor areas and wrap-around porch. Many great restaurants, bars and shops are in easy walking distance and there is plenty of street parking right in front of the hostel. On my trip, I encountered several people who used this establishment as their first/last stop on their Eastern Canada holiday. The one low point for me was the bed; I did not find it terribly comfortable and did not have a fantastic sleep. Might have just been bad luck for me.
All in all, I would gladly stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Grizinator
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

Really nice atmosphere. The desk clerk had a great attitude, very bubbly and charming - she gave us the grand tour when we arrived. Despite arriving at 7pm, we were resigned to upper bunks in the dorm....first come, first served. I slept very well on a very good mattress - it had been a long drive from Toronto.
The breakfast was plentiful, although the kitchen itself was a bit crowded, and no staff member was available to help quell some of the coffee chaos.
WiFi is strongest near the front desk, the comfy old couches are very easy to curl up in when you are reading or getting ready to head out on your next adventure. We enjoyed our stop here.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Kara M
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

Will do this as a solo traveller for simplicity and comfort on my own or a longer stay. Type of place you can have a heated passionate group discussion but my kids were distracting. Broken showers, unsafe bunk beds a on top, food was well done "pour boucher UN trou". Good value for the price.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Andrea G
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

This is a very basic hostel. The rooms are small but very clean. The kitchen is crowded but also a place to sit and chat with other travelers. It is centrally located near the historic old town. They have some musical instruments available for use!!

Date of stay: July 2016
2  Thank btravels
Reviewed October 28, 2015

Lovely old main house with the Grange out back that service as additional dorm rooms and private rooms. We stayed for two nights and had the optional $10/person dinner, which is not to be missed, very good. Bring your own wine/beer :) We had a private room in the Grange, which was very clean and comfortable as was the rest of the HI. The Wifi works best in the main house. There is some parking, as well as a safe place for bicycles. There are daily activities (out door) planned. What more can I say this was just a wonderful place to stay with great staff. Thank-you

Date of stay: September 2015