“Superb B & B with great hosts!”

The Montague Rose B&B
Ranked #2 of 13 Saint Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We recommend the Montague Rose wholeheartedly! The house is beautiful, the rooms large and very well appointed, the breakfasts fantastic and the location is in a quiet residential area, yet within a few blocks of everything. To top things off, the host/owners Joe and Rose-Anne are just great folks. They are ever helpful, informative and eager to please. We really enjoyed their down to earth, friendly nature. If we make it back to St.Andrews we will definitely stay here again. Thanks, we loved our stay! ...Jim and Linda, Penticton, BC

There are newer reviews for The Montague Rose B&B

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We recently stayed at the Montague Rose for three nights and just had the most amazing stay there. We were greeted by Jim and Rose and were upgraded to the best room while still paying the cheaper price.
The rooms were furnished with a tv and dvd player and Jim has many movies to choose from. He took into account my food allergies and made the best breakfasts that we have ever had. Jim makes probably the best eggs benedict that I have ever tasted.
Every day they were so lovely to us and gave us some great tips about what to do in the area. I would recommend anyone who is looking to get a little spoiled on their vacation to stay at The Montague Rose. I would go again and again if I could.
Thanks Jim and Rose for everything! You truly made our vacation a memorable one.
Tamar and Brad

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Historic house well situated in the town, comfortable room, interesting and hospitable hosts, generous breakfasts with lots of fruit.

Altogether a good place to stay when visiting St. Andrews-by-the-Sea

Room Tip: If you have a choice, examine the bathrooms in each room. They're all good but different equipm...
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I wholeheartedly recommend the Montague Rose to anyone with St. Andrews by the Sea on their itinerary. Located just a few short blocks from Water Street it provided easy access to all the sights yet peace and quiet when sought.

Our very large room included a king sized bed, a leather sofa and the ensuite was well appointed and modern.

Breakfasts were a highlight. Hats off to Joe for a job well done and to Rose Ann for making us feel so comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were priveleged to have the opportunity to stay at this wonderful B&B. The home is comfortable and roomy and the rooms are well appointed. The location is perfect. Close for an easy walk to Water Street where all the restaurants are yet far enough to be away from the noise.

The sitting room was a great place to sit and read a book or chat and the back deck was also a nice spot for a sit down.

Joe is a great cook and the breakfasts were a full 10 on the 10 point scale. Rose Ann was the perfect hostess.

Joe I would recommend getting a booster for the internet as the wi-fi signal is weak and diifficult to access. This was only a small inconvenience.

Thanks for making us feel so welcomed

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Montague Rose gave us a very warm welcome. Joe is a wonderfully informative and helpful host who serves a great breakfast! Location was perfect for going back and forth to town but on a side street. The room was spacious and comfortable with a great whirlpool tub to help us relax after a day or touring around. We recommend this to anyone who is visiting St. Andrews.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've been vacationing in Atlantic Canada for the past 20 years, so I feel I know something about the area. From time to time I will stop in St. Andrews on my way to PEI (Prince Edward Island), each time I stay in St. Andrews I try something different, since I am only there for 1 night. Joe and Rose Ann are very nice people, friendly and accommodating, I appreciate that, especially since my husband and I are alway on the GO.
We took the least expensive room (The Jardin Marie room), since it was only 1 night, the room was small but it was quiet and it had a big bathroom with a shower and it was clean. The property is a little timeworn, so don't expect anything new, it's not a Hilton etc., but it's a fair value as B&B go.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple