“So glad we did this!”

Off Kilter Mountain Biking Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The best way to explore Saint Andrews is on a bike with an experienced local guide. Yes, we wear kilts but we wear bike shorts underneath. We welcome all ability levels and have a couple of kids bikes and a giraffe. We also tour around the nearby Chamcook Lake Watershed or Minister's Island.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I have started getting into biking over the last couple of months. Due to this we decided to go on an Off Kilter bike tour while on a three day vacation in St. Andrew's. We had a fantastic time! It was just my husband and I on the two hour tour with Kurt. Kurt filled our tour with history, local information, bike/biking education, exercise and adventure. We've been exclusively trail riding on our own so the mountain biking was a surprising treat. I think my husband got hooked! We felt pretty special riding around in those kilts too. By the end of the tour you feel like you've been hanging out with a great friend for the entire time. We told Kurt our goal of biking across PEI next year and he gave us his information so that we can write him about it and send a picture. This is a must do in my opinion! Thanks for the memories Kurt- you rock!

1  Thank Tang126

Reviewed August 11, 2014

On our way to Maine for our annual familly vacation, we stopped at St-Andrews for a couple of days. Being an avid cyclist, I often miss my favorite rides when away from home. My wife suggested I give Off Kilter a call. Kurt was really helpful in organizing a custom ride around my tight schedule. If you're thinking of riding in St-Andrews on a rental bike by yourself, you will be missing out on Kurt's great knowledge of the area! He is a great guide and a perfect cycling buddy! He took me to beautiful places that I would have missed otherwise. You can ask him to ride hard on technical terrain or choose a quiet ride around town, he will make certain that you leave a happy customer! Best of all, we now have in our familly album a picture of me riding a mountain bike wearing a kilt! My wife particularly likes that one. I wonder if that is why she told me to call Kurt in the first place!

1  Thank Philippe T
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The guided tour around town was excellent, but if you get the chance (and are comfortable riding on gravel roads) do the out of town excursion on the old rail lines. Thanks Kurt, it was a truly excellent day!

1  Thank matthewk369
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Excellent half day activity. Very friendly and knowledgeable guides. Kurt, the owner, is a great guide and good conversationalist. The staff in general is great. Strongly recommended.

1  Thank Littletraveler2013
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I convinced my girls, ages 16 and 12 that a bike tour in kilts would be "fun" and signed us up for the tour. They were not so sure, however, they agree that this was one of their highlights from our trip to the Atlantic provinces! Kurt is a great guide. He was able to set up a tour that catered to our abilities and interests (including collecting shells for 20 minutes at one of the stops!). He is informative, patient, and easy going. Saint Andrews is a wonderful little town and we appreciated learning more about it. The fact that CBC was there to feature the tour on the National was a bonus for my girls! We would recommend this tour.

2  Thank TravelT785