“Fantastic way of seeing St Andrews”

Off Kilter Mountain Biking Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The best way to explore Saint Andrews is on a bike with an experienced local guide. Yes, we wear kilts but we wear bike shorts underneath. We welcome all ability levels and have a couple of kids bikes and a giraffe. We also tour around the nearby Chamcook Lake Watershed or Minister's Island.
Bristol, United Kingdom
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 257 helpful votes
“Fantastic way of seeing St Andrews”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We took an off Kilter cycling tour of St Andrews last week with a group of other travel agents from the UK and Germany and had a great time. Many of our group had not been cycling for many years and I have to say this was not a proplem as they catered to everyones cycling ability. The guides were really informative and Ielt like this was a great way of exploring the town as you got to see some different locations that you would not have seen on foot. Thanks for a fab trip

Visited September 2013
1 Thank monkeychops181

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun and informative tour with Lycra clad men,what's not to like!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

On arrival we got kitted out in our kilts and sized up for our bikes, luckily Kurt was very patient! We went for the easy option and thoroughly enjoyed it,lots of stops along the way to keep us informed. We can all highly recommend!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank clairewatkins
Fredericton, Canada
“Awesome tour!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We weren't expecting a whole lot....just a bike tour around the town of St-Andrews. But Kurt really gave us a great tour which includes a bit of touring around the town, the seaside, the deep woods, and all that while giving us information about our surroundings and its history. Really recommend this tour as a part of your St-Andrews adventure, and it's located right at the foot of the wharf...you simply can't miss it!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank TheMouseCo
Monee, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved my kilt!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was my first time visiting St. Andrews and I am SO glad that I found about the bike tour before I went. It was a great way to see the sights and learn some interesting facts/ history. Kurt was a very accommodating, knowledgeable and gracious host. I brought my 10 year old son with me and Kurt did a great job of modifying the route to suit my son's capabilities. Riding in a kilt was very comfy and fun. I now want one of my own! Kurt's bikes were very nice and well maintained, as well. I will definitely do this again if I am ever back in New Brunswick- would love the chance to go for a longer ride and see more of the countryside.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank FiveMaples51
“Do it. Do it NOW.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you can ride a two-wheeler, then you can't miss this. Even if you don't have a bike, Off Kilter has a fleet of well-maintained bikes to choose from. And there simply isn't a better way to experience the charm of New Brunswick. But what made the tour so good was our guide and gracious host Kurt Gumushel. An accomplished teacher and triathlete, he knows every nook and cranny in St Andrews (arguably the prettiest little town in the province). And even though my wife and I had different skill levels, he made sure there was something for the both of us. Just tell Kurt what you want out of the tour and he'll customise it to your needs. Fantastic value for the money.

Visited July 2013