“Don't expect an East Coast welcome...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Andrews
Seaside Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Saint Andrews
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We stayed at the Seaside Beach Resort for 3 nights in August 2010.

We rented 2 cabins, and they were charming, very clean and well equipped. The location is ideal, walking distance to the bars, shopping and great restaurants. The property is kept immaculate, the gardens are just so wonderful and there are all kids of colorful Muskoka chairs to take in the breathtaking view of the harbor.

Now for the bad review...the owners are the worst I have ever encountered. Upon check in (late afternoon) after a long day of travel and driving about a 1 1/2 from the airport, we were excited to arrive. The owner (the wife) did not say hi or welcome or how was your day....just a terse "yes"....I was shocked because if you have travelled to Eastern Canada you know that they are the friendliest people you will ever meet....she showed us to our cabins and when she realized we had teenagers, the look on her face was appalling. I assured her that they would be quiet and respectful...she just walked away without a word. When we realized we needed extra pillows I hesitated to ask....to avoid these people would be the best solution. But, I did ask and she did get them for me but I certainly felt like I was being a burden.

The Seaside is lovely and I look forward to visiting again...but don't expect an East Coast welcome, because you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Walkdal

Reviewed July 13, 2010

I called to make a reservation for a cottage but when we got there we were put in the apartment behind the main foyer, under where the owners / management live. The woman who checked us in was 'uppity' (my husband's word). The apartment was quite obviously not what I asked for but she felt it would be better for us since there was 5 adults . I felt right away that it smelled like an old cabin, very musty. It was very clean, but the beds were doubles and we are not used to that. The noise of the feet upstairs was quite a surprise, I woke up somewhere between 2 and 3 and could still hear someone walking around! Not good if you happen to be a light sleeper. For the price, I would not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NBKent
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We stayed one night at this hotel and found it to be very old. We were in one of the cottages which had a wonderful view; however, you could clearly hear the women in the next unit. In the morning my husband showered and then I did. Mine was a cold shower as we were running out of hot water. Upon checking out I mentioned this to the "gentleman" at the front desk and he said we must have showered too long. His attitude was terrible.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GrimsbyTraveller
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My husband and I just returned from St. Andrews, New Brunswick. We spent 2 nights at Seaside Beach Resort. Both of us were totally happy with our accomodation. It even excelled our expectations. We had a 2 bedroom unit that overlooked the sea. The view was beautiful. Our unit was very cozy and so clean. It had a fully equipped kitchen and a very large bathroom. Lots of windows throughout the unit also, which all opened to let the fresh sea breeze flow through the apartment. The owner,,,David was very helpful and welcoming. As far as we are concerned this is the best accomodation in St Andrews...not only for the view and being directly on the water, but also for the convenience of being in St Andrews. You can walk to all the restaurants. There is also coin laundry available if needed. Thanks David for your help and making our stay so pleasurable. Hope to be back in the future. Marg & Ron Sturgis, Sombra, Ontario, Canada

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MargSturgis
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed at the Sandpiper cottage (1 bedroom) which was perfect for us. It was very clean and so cozy. The location is excellent as it's quiet but just a short walk to shopping, restaurants, etc. Sunsets here are amazing!! Owners were friendly. I would definitely recommend this comfy cottage for a stay in St. Andrew's By The Sea!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cruiser2b
Reviewed August 17, 2009

After a whirlwind tour of the Maritimes we booked this lovely retreat to relax for 3 days. It was a beautiful spot with a beautiful view off our deck. Our daughter spent a lot of time searching for the perfect seashells when the tide was out. Terrific location for walking into town for dinner or shopping. We actually bought a couple of lobsters and enjoyed a homecooked feast on our deck!
I would recommend this spot to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Curler1
Reviewed August 14, 2009

My sister and I found this gem on the internet and because we love the water, we decided to book a room here for 3 nights. We booked a 2 bedroom unit right on the waters edge. We loved the quaint rooms that were pictured on the internet when we booked it, so we were surprised to find out that they had just finished updating the unit but had not changed the pictures on the internet yet. The updated unit was really nice - still quaint - but very comfortable. We had breakfast out on the deck each morning and we walked most of the places we needed to go in downtown Saint Andrews. It was a really nice place and I would recommend it to anyone. Excellent value.
One other thing that impressed us, we left our "gas money" in the room when we checked out, but with a quick phone call to the owner later that afternoon, he went into the room, found the money and we were able to return the next afternoon and all of the money was returned to us.

• Stayed: July 2009
#5 of 7 in Saint Andrews
Treadwell Inn
Treadwell Inn
#3 of 13 in Saint Andrews

Been to Seaside Beach Resort? Share your experiences!