“Great location!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Andrews
Seaside Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Saint Andrews
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed in the Sandpiper cottage. It is VERY tiny, but also cozy! Double bed has one side against the wall so one person has to crawl over the other to get out of bed. It is really amazing what all they've fitted in this small cottage - the double bed, 2 chests, soft chair, table and 2 chairs, small fridge, stove top, MW, tiny sink, and a small bathroom with shower. On top of one of the chests is a small tv and fan. There's also porch with chairs, and in lawn around cottage is a picnic table, BBQ grill, horseshoe pits, washer toss, and more chairs. Internet access was not real dependable, but did work.
It was about 90 degrees when we got there, and I was concerned about doing without AC, but by evening, the open windows and that fan made things very comfortable. As much as we liked the cottage, the main draw here is LOCATION!! Beautiful view of the Fundy Bay and the Fundy tides from our cottage, as well as lots of chairs along the deck overlooking the bay so that everyone could enjoy the views. Easy to walk out on the "ocean floor" before the tides come in, and amazing to think how deep the water would be in that spot at high tide The sunset was amazing! Seaside Beach Resort is NOT fancy, and the owner doesn't have any "people skills" (seems like an unhappy person and is the only reason I couldn't rate this a 5*!) but I'd be happy to have a chance to stay here again.

1  Thank cjnky
There are newer reviews for Seaside Beach Resort

Reviewed August 28, 2013

On a one week long East Coast roadtrip, we stopped into St. Andrews to stay a night and do some whale watching. Booked a room for the night at the Seaside Beach Resort - which ended up being my Wife and I's favourite stay during the whole trip. Too bad we only had the time to stay one night...
Friendly family runs it, it's right on the water - and there's plenty of seating to sit out and enjoy the view. We stayed in "stable 2" - good little room with a queen bed and kitchenette.

Room Tip: We had Stable 2 - which is good for a couple, not a family of 4 or more...
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I rented the Harbourview One and was amazed by this charming location. The vistas from the unit and deck were out of a movie set, the sunset was breathtaking. The unit was spotless, had beautiful slate flooring in the entrance and bathroom and hardwood flooring in living and sleeping areas. The curb appeal and landscape of the property just enhance the vacation experience. I wish that I would have been able to stay longer. Will be back again next summer!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gina S
David S, Owner at Seaside Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2015

Dear Guest,
We remember you well and are very glad you had such a memorable experience at our establishment.
David and Beth

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed one night in a a very clean cute cabin. La Chaumiere it was exactly as stated on their website. Had a porch to sit and have morning coffee and afternoon drinks. The property is very well kept with chairs at waterfront to gaze. Picnic table and barbecue at our cabin if needed. Our cabin was close to road and sidewalk but inked it as we were more private. There was one other little cabin that would have a view of the water but was not available when we booked. Easy walk into town on same street. Stay in a cabin it was great!

Room Tip: If you are a couple get a cabin!
1  Thank lynz001
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Location very good. We stayed in cabina 3 adults and 2 children much too small as you pay per person I was very disappointed, felt they were cramming us in for money sake,needed more room. Owner miserable and not in right job. They were in the room above and kept on watering plants at times we were on balcony so got wet shouted up but they still did it. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kwatts481
1Seaside, Owner at Seaside Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Mrs. Watts,
We are sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay at the Seaside Beach Resort. We are a bit perplexed by your review. You say for instance that your unit was not especially clean. If there is anything we take pride in, it is cleanliness, and if you check the other reviews on Trip Advisor you will see that if there is a common thread in them, it is that our units are very clean. Certainly, if you had mentioned that there was some sort of problem with your apartment, we would have seen to it immediately. You say also that we cram people in. This is something we absolutely do not do. There have been more than a few instances where we have had to refuse a reservation with what we felt was more guests than could be comfortably accommodated, even though the guests themselves were prepared to cram in. Your particular two-bedroom apartment, called Cabina, is what seems to us a standard size at 460 square feet. The two bedrooms are each 10 x 8, one with a queen and dresser, the other with two singles and a night table. Each has a closet. Admittedly, these are not what you would call large rooms, but they don’t seem to us cramped. The kitchen / livingroom at 10 x 23 with a bank of cupboards along one end, a pullout sofa at the other, and a kitchen table in the middle, seems to us open and spacious. This apartment sleeps up to six; your group was five. I might mention that this unit got a thorough renovation a few years ago, with hardwood floors, pine wainscoting, paneled ceilings, and new windows throughout, and the bathroom tiled and paneled. The queen bed is a top-of-the-line Simmons pillowtop Beautyrest, new, as is the sofa. All in all, we think Cabina one of our nicer units and to our knowledge we have never gotten a negative review of it.
We live in the apartment upstairs and our balcony is directly above Cabina’s. Festooned as it is with hanging plants, my wife has a care to keep them well watered in the summer. Occasionally, some water spills through the floorboards to the deck below. We would not knowingly water them if we knew there were guests sitting below, and would certainly not persist if a complaint were voiced. As for your description of me as “miserable,” I cannot conceive what you might mean by this adjective. I do not recall seeing you during your five nights with us. I do remember checking you out, at which time you seemed quite cordial, and I asked your about your son, whom you said at the time of your reservation worked at Dalhousie University. I remembered this and conversed with you about it. If there had been problems that bothered you, you could have voiced them at any point during your stay and we would have done what we could to rectify the situation.
Once again, we are sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Seaside Beach Resort.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on our way Moncton from Boston.

Our room was okay. We were in the building called "The Steps". We had the back room. The building was strange you actually had to walk by another room to get to ours. Fortunately for us, there was nobody in that room when we were there. My guess is that we would have experienced the paper thin walls everyone else mentioned.

The room itself was okay. Not too small but not too big. If we were there for more than one day, it would have been tough.

Since we were on the top floor the ceiling was not very high because of the eaves of the roof. Being over 6 feet tall this was an annoyance.

The shower was a tub with curtain cutting it in half...kinda strange.

There are no real amenities outside of some seats and grassy area to view the harbor.

It is a 5 minute walk to downtown, which is very nice.

The service was okay. When I asked about the WiFi password, the male owner/operator ( I assume ownership) sort of smartassily told me that it was on the wall. He could have been more friendly.

It was just okay. We paid $169 all in.

If we ever venture back to St. Andrews, I would find another place to stay. Especially for a 2-4 night

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dcostell_99
1Seaside, Owner at Seaside Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. All reviews are important to us. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. It is always discouraging to hear this
I should explain off the top that we do not operate a "hotel", which perhaps you were expecting. This is a small family-run business that we happily and proudly operate out of our home-office, which we staff from 8am to 11pm daily throughout the season. Our property is unique, which makes it difficult to categorise. We have 23 housekeeping units spread out over nine buildings on a waterfront property. No two rooms are alike and some of the buildings are historic and were once used for other purposes such as family homes, a boat building shop and a livery stable. The walls are not " paper thin" as you often see with modern construction, but neither are they completely soundproof. Most of our guests are very respectful of others and, to be honest, we rarely get a noise complaint. We have done our best to make these units, comfortable, clean and homey, and continue to work on them every year. They appeal to many but not all customers, and we are careful to describe the rooms on our website and when people call to book. The price you quoted includes tax and was for a family of four. Our rates are clearly posted on our website along with several pictures of each unit. We don't want people to be disappointed, so we try our best to let
people know up front what they are choosing and what it will cost.
As for the WiFi, we worked hard to get wireless coverage across our entire idiosyncratic property- no small feat given that one of our units sits right on the beach. There is no extra charge for the WiFi and the password is posted on the wall in each of the rooms. We try to remember to tell people this as they check in, but sometimes forget. My husband is a quiet, reserved and shy man who is sometimes misinterpreted as unfriendly, which is unfortunate, and hurtful to be honest, because neither he nor the rest of my family intend to be unfriendly to any of our guests. One thing I am sure of is that my husband did not respond to you in the way you described. He may have been tired and responded to your question about the password in an unembellished and straightforward way, but I can assure you he intended only to help you find the password and not to offend you.
In any case, St. Andrews is a beautiful town with a variety of places to stay, mostly operated by hard-working small-business owners hoping you will enjoy your time with them. If you do choose to return and plan to stay during the summer, especially between mid-July and the third week of August, it is advisable to consult the New Brunswick or St. Andrews tourism sites and book well in advance so you can secure something that best suits your needs.

Beth

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed in the Harbourview One unit at the end of July for two nights. The unit is perfect for one person, however, there is a small bed in the loft that could accomodate a child or small adult. The shower stall was very tiny, and I doubt a larger lady or regular size man would fit very well. The toilet was a bit loose and jiggling. The entire unit needed a good dusting and the stove top had a lingering smell of old bacon grease. The cottage was well decorated and the bed was comfortable. The best thing was the large window that looked right out over the water, a beautiful view morning and night. The beach however was disappointing. It was dirty which is surprising for a town that boasts its location to the water. The accomodations are close to downtown, so you can walk to shops and restaurants. There was some confusion with my booking and deposit. Overall, a very good choice.

Room Tip: Ask which units look out over the water.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
#2 of 7 in Saint Andrews
St. Andrews Motor Inn
St. Andrews Motor Inn
#5 of 7 in Saint Andrews

Been to Seaside Beach Resort? Share your experiences!