“Pluses and minuses”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Andrews
Seaside Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Saint Andrews
Reviewed August 20, 2012

It is a nice location right on the water with great views, the owner was unfriendly and unhelpful which was surprising since he's in the tourist business. The room (1.5bd with small living space) felt like the size of a bedroom in a trailer and my husband could barely fit in the shower. Since you are in very close proximity to other guests and there's no sound proofing, noise can be an issue. That said it was reasonably priced, quaint place to stay for a short time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Seaside Beach Resort

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful resort 7 years ago and it was so nice that I just had to write a review. We travel east just about every summer and this place was the one that really stuck out for us.
It was just my Husband and I that stayed at the time but I would love to bring my kids for a stay there as well. Very beautiful and clean.

Room Tip: La Quinta cabin was right on the ocean and so very well appointed!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our tidy room features wood-paneled ceilings, ruffled curtains and a neat, galley kitchen. The kids say it feels like sleeping in a ship, and are happy as clams. Perfect location on the Bay, steps to historic downtown district. No AC, but good ventilation with windows on both sides of the room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and it was quite lovely place - right on the bay. A easy walk into town it was a perfect spot. It was a quiet location. Rooms were clean

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pamelakmeyer
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in the sunrise beach resort, the room was very clean and provided a beautiful view! We recommend this resort to anybody and one day we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I had visited St. Andrews in May 2011 on a business trip and vowed that I would bring my family back to enjoy the beauty of this wonderful community. I had looked around the town and found the Seaside Beach Resort. On a trip back from Newfoundland we had decided to take a trip through St. Andrews. I looked at Trip Advisor and was shocked by the negative review. It caused me to almost changed my mind. When we arrived I discussed the post with the apparently "rude" lady -- who I found to be most welcoming and pleasant. I told her what I had read and she explained the circumstances -- seems like a bit of cyber-bullying by the posters. I encouraged the owner to respond to the negative post so that others aren't swayed by the comments.
Anyway, we were just there for one night and I would return in a heart beat. Already trying to plan a short stay later this summer (the challenge is the 16-hour drive!).

Room Tip: Ask for something with a direct view of the water.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Erin F
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Although not fancy we got exactly what we were looking for at Seaside Beach Resort. Our cottage (La Qunta) was perfect for our three night stay with a deck, kitchen, living room and bedroom. Not large or fancy but very comfortable. Only a five minute walk from town and directly on the bay, the location is perfect. I am not sure why the comments about the rude owners - we found no problems there at all. Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 7 in Saint Andrews
St. Andrews Motor Inn
St. Andrews Motor Inn
#5 of 7 in Saint Andrews

Been to Seaside Beach Resort? Share your experiences!