These rooms are not big, but there are SO many nice little touches, like the hi-low mirror in the bathroom, grab bars in the tub, a jar of candy on the dresser, cloth (read: washable) lampshade, crown moulding, recyclable bins in the rooms, firm and comfortable mattress, name brand toiletries... I could keep going. When we arrived it was a damp night, so the room had been pre-heated for us. Nice touch by an owner who knows how to do it right. Not only were the rooms clean, but I swear the tub surround was actually shiny. The rooms didn't have the usual mass produced paintings on the walls. Ours had a framed woman's diploma from 1908. It just made it feel so much more personal. I highly recommend this place. It was one of the nicest on our entire trip, and we stayed in a lot of places. (One thing I have to admit in all honesty - I stayed here in June 2011, but life got crazy shortly after we returned and I didn't get around to reviewing this until now and I can't choose 2011 on the drop-down. But this has been sitting on my desk all that time and I HAD to write a review for just this one place, even though it's late. It was that important to me.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clean, Comfortable and affordable accommodations located close to everything St. Andrews-by-the-Sea has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Picket Fence Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Picket Fence Hotel Saint Andrews
- Picket Fence Motel Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada