Kingsbrae Arms
Autograph
Greenside Motel(Saint Andrews)
$170
TripAdvisor
The Montague Rose B&B(Saint Andrews)
Treadwell Inn(Saint Andrews)
Priceline
Inn on Frederick(Saint Andrews)
Rossmount Inn(Chamcook)
TripAdvisor
Tara Manor Inn(Saint Andrews)
Kennedy Inn(Saint Andrews)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe main housebaked eggsdelicious croissantsset the moodcarriage house suiteperfect balancesalmonnew brunswicklight supperperfect weekenddownton abbeytreated like royaltyjunior suitenext morningour honeymoonoverlooking the gardenyogurt
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Some Relais and Chateaux can be a little starchy and self-important. And some B&B's can get a little too intimate. Kingsbrae Arms is the perfect fit between the two - with attentive service, spacious and beautifully furnished rooms and great food. And it just happens to be set in a lovely town next to wonderful gardens.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chipm59638
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We spent four nights in July at the Kingsbrae Arms. The food was delicious, the staff friendly and the property unique. Unfortunately, the "pampering touches" described in guidebooks were virtually nonexistent. We were the only guests there for 2 out of 4 nights of our stay and wondered whether the innkeepers and owner simply didn't bother with these touches. There was no afternoon tea, not even lemonade or iced tea put out after we arrived. We located the pantry and it was bare. We were told to go to the corner drugstore to get a newspaper. Prior to arriving at the Kingsbrae Arms, we had visited an inn Maine where there was a pitcher of lemonade and cookie awaiting us on our arrival, afternoon tea, etc - small, inexpensive touches that have a big impact for weary travelers.

The breakfast menu was the same each morning (eggs, pancakes, etc) yet we were asked to order our meal the night before and tell them what time we wanted to eat the next morning between 8 -10 am. We found that beyond frustrating. We were on vacation! We didn't want to have to decide what time we wanted to wake up the night before, and I don't know why 12 hours notice is required for a pancake.

Our bed squeaked every time my husband or I rolled over, which made for one restless night for both of us when my husband couldn't sleep. Time for a new mattress.

As for the pool, we were told that no one ever uses it. It is a bid sad looking, although maintained. The impression one gets from photographs online, including the one on TripAdvisor, is that it is a bit more integral part of the seaside experience.

These may seem like minor issues (aside from the bed), but when I stay at a Relais & Chateaux I expect attention to the little things.

If we found ourselves in that part of the world again, we would go back for the amazing dinners, although we would not stay at the inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ralir
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I cannot begin to say enough praises of the Kingsbrae Arms. It is located in the charming town of St. Andrews next to a beautul 26 acre garden. I went with my husband on a special birthday vacation. It not only met, but exceeded our expectations. The property is beautifully restored with georgeus antiques, books, and housed with a staff that met our every need. They currently have one of the best chefs we have ever experienced at an exclusive property. Needless to say, we were blown away. I cannot wait to find a way back there. It is a fabulous Relaix Chateaux property.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Very disappointing for the price. There was no mini-bar, ice bucket, coffee machine in the room, and the pool didn't look clean. It was also very difficult to find staff working in the hotel between breakfast and dinner time. We had been to much nicer Relais and Chateaux before.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LLLLL155032
HarryR-C, Owner at Kingsbrae Arms, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2010

My staff and I are perplexed by this review. “Terrible” because the guest couldn’t find an ice bucket or ask for a coffee maker? Ouch. For the record, we don’t have mini-bars because we’re not keen on people being charged ten bucks for a candy bar. We’ll leave that to large corporate hotels. We have plenty of ice buckets located right next to the ice machine in our guest pantry. Coffee service and/or coffee machines are available any time of day on request. Our staff is scheduled seamlessly from dawn until late night, and our pool is professionally maintained daily. We’re sorry we disappointed this reviewer, but frankly we’ll have to continue to scratch our respective heads about the reasons.
Harry Chancey, Owner

Reviewed August 3, 2010

After reading other reviews and speaking with Harry (one of the owners) on the phone, we were quite excited to travel up to St. Andrews and base our celebration of a 50th birthday celebration around our stay at this Relais and Chateaux . While every meal at this Inn was simply fantastic, the first room we were in had a tired bathroom with an insert shower with a plastic floor. The water pressure was uneven and the water kept going from hot to cold. Additionally, the room was unable to receive any wireless service. Although the view was fantastic, we did not want to spend 3 nights in this room. When we asked to be moved, we were placed in the newer building which felt much fresher and had a much nicer bathroom. When I am spending almost $600 per night, I like the bathroom to be at least on par with the bathroom in my home.

During our stay, the hotel forgot to acknowledge the 50th birthday celebration. When asked about it, they said that the change in room caused the mix up. When we received our bill at breakfast and inquired as to why there was not a reduction in rate for the room with almost no view, we were told that this new room was actually in the same category. Upon further inquiry, I was asked by Harry to come to his office to discuss my issue. There I was CONFRONTED by his co-owner, David who decided that rather than take responsibility for any issues in his inn, that he would rather be confrontational with his guest who just paid a bill in excess of $2,000.00 Since neither Harry nor David really intended on working out any of my issues and not even wanting to apologize for our feeling that our stay was not all it could be we ended our conversation. While Harry was as pleasant as could be during our stay and prior to our stay, the addition of David to the conversation truly soured our entire experience. He forgot what it means to be in the hospitality business and was extremely arrogant and basically hurtful.

We went from a large city to a quaint town to relax and not to be challenged and abused. While the food was great, I would not say that the inn was up to Relais and Chateaux standards. My warning to you is if you have an issue, beware of David, his desire is to not accommodate, but to attempt to belittle you.

In the spirit of full disclosure, as we were about to pull out of the driveway, one of the office people and then Harry did come out to apologize. However, it was really to little to late.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple