We decided to take a relaxing drive up the Maine coast for our summer vacation. At the last minute we rearranged our timetable to include crossing the border to the Canadien town of St. Andrews By The Sea. The attractions were the opportunity to go whale watching and the luxury small chateau inn called Kingsbrae Arms, (which was recommended by Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report).
This is a gorgeous old world antique filled small hotel, perhaps under 20 rooms and suites.We were upgraded to a king bedroom suite which included a large balcony overlooking their gardens and pool, a separate sitting room and a huge marble bathroom. The manager Pamela had been in contact with us several times after our booking to assure we could make the most of our stay and she was an absolute pleasure to deal with. The owner Harry was on premises and came by to chat. All staff were courteous and accommodating.Well in advanced of arrival we were asked to let them know of any food allergies or diet requests. You can book just the room or "half board" which includes breafast and dinner.
If you are making the trip do not hesitate for a second, take the half board option because the chef Guillaume Delaune would be a major draw in any city on this planet. His multi course dinners were exquisite. My husband and I are New Yorkers who have many opportunites to dine at all types of restaurants with excellent cuisine. This chef stands out. My husband and I have different food allergies and each course was custom tweaked to our situation. Presentation, portion and creative flair made for remarkable dining in their beautiful lord and lady of the manor type dining room. As for breakfast, we made sure to request his smoked salmon and sturgeon on the side. My husband visit ed the chef's smoker located just off the garden. Beyond the hotel, a catamaran took a group of 35 people out into the Bay of Fundy and I can still see the 60 foot fin back whale that surfaced just next to our boat. The adjacent Kingsbrae Gardens were lovely to stroll in. Border crossing was easy and fast in such a small local.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsbrae Arms in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, a resort town kissed by the Bay of Fundy in the North Atlantic. Explore a maritime culture. Indulge in the local food scene. Learn the language. Canada! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Kingsbrae Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsbrae Arms Relais And Chateaux
- Kingsbrae Arms Relais & Chateaux Hotel Saint Andrews
- Kingsbrae Arms Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada