“This should be at the top of anyone's to do list...simply awesome:)”

Island Quest Marine
More attraction details
Owner description: For whale watching Island Quest Marine delivers a true Bay of Fundy whale & wildlife adventure. Explore the Bay of Fundy tides aboard our custom-built cruiser, the 13.41-m (44 ft.) M/V Island Quest. Enjoy comfort and speed along with the experience of our LOCAL captain's, whose lifetime on the bay makes for a unique and authentic adventure! Cruise past scenic lighthouses, herring weirs and aquaculture sites on the way to the whales' playground. Knowledgeable marine biologists provide interpretation while you spot humpback, finback, minke and North Atlantic right whales, along with seals, porpoises and eagles. Discover the sea creatures in our onboard touch tank, feel samples of whale baleen and indulge in a seafood snack and refreshment on the way back from your ultimate adventure!
Reviewed May 12, 2013

One of the best times in the maritimes! It's a must see... The staff are very friendly and extremely knowledgable and went out of their way to make the trip very enjoyable and comfortable. With modern equipment thats clean and well kept, they make you feel like your the center of the whole experience, it will be on my list of things to do for years to come;) for a time of your life, check it out!:))

5  Thank Briandyer

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have gone on tours with Island Quest Marine 3 times already. I wouldn't recommend any other company to tour the Bay of Fundy. They are Great with the kids, my son loves the little touch tank they have. My Son even got to drive the boat every trip we took. Every tour we have been on we have seen whales, we have never been disappointed in a tour yet. The Minke whales and Finbacks are just so awesome, We even got a little friend to follow us, a lil seal...Great Times and Fantastic group of people who run it. ISLAND QUEST MARINE IS THE BEST

6  Thank BNashFredericton
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I would really recommend Island Quest to anyone who asks. They are super friendly, and always try to accommodate you. I remember my first trip with my sister we were driving by the Algonquin and Carolyn stopped us on the side of the road called us by name and chatted for a few minutes. That really impressed me. It's super exciting to see the whales even if only apart of them. The staff on the boat are very friendly and they all make you feel at ease. I like how they tell you a little bit about St. Andrews and the Islands as we are passing through. It is a great feeling to be out in the open water like that and to see all the wonders of the sea.
When we are there we always try to fit in 2 trips on the boat, we love it that much.
Cannot wait to make the trip this year.

6  Thank Nat2579
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A few years ago, a group of us girls decided to go to St Andrew's for a weekend. We all wanted to try whale watching for the first time and checked out Island Quest Marine. Without a reservation, the staff accomodated us on the boat and we spent a great few hours out on the water. We saw finbacks, minkes, seals & purpoises .. it was great!! I personally have been back each & every year without fail to Island Quest Marine and have seen whales everytime.

The staff on shore & the boat are great - very cheery for sure! Also very knowledgable about the marine life & local culture/history for sure. I highly recommend them to everyone I can.

7  Thank KelliM579
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My mom, sister in law and I decided to take a trip to New Brunswick in 2010, while there we stopped in St Andrews to take a whale watching trip. Of course we were hopeful we would see a whale but realistically thought we actually would not. Well, what a trip we had! Not only did we see a huge finback whale, we also saw minke whales as well as seals, porpoises, eagles and other sea birds. The entire experience was more than we could have ever imagined, starting from the shop where we purchased the tickets all the way to the captain and the biologist on the boat.

This was our first time in New Brunswick so we had all kinds of questions regarding the area and the trip. The person in the shop was eager to give us information and answered all of our questions about the area as well as types of whales we would likely see. The captain and biologist on board were so pleasant which made our trip so much fun. Both were full of knowledge and it was apparent they had a passion for what they were doing. The captain stayed far enough away from the whale so as to not disturb or cause any injury to it and actually stayed out until we could no longer see the whale. The biologist was very informative and talked about the sea life in the Bay of Fundy and the history of the bay and shared some small animals with us, like a starfish, while giving us lots of information about the animals. She also gave us a small snack and drink. The snack was a salmon pate and was so delicious, I couldn’t get enough.

I am from Pennsylvania and although it is quite a drive for us we have been back several times since 2010 just to take this trip. When we arrived home after our first trip all we could do was to tell everyone how much fun we had and about the whales we saw. We decided to go back up the following year, 2011 and again in 2012, just to do the whale watching once again. We had the same great experience each time we have gone up for the trip. Our only past whale watching experience was out of Cape Cod Massachusetts. How disappointing that was to us and almost kept us from taking another whale watching trip. Am I so glad we decided to give it another try as it was nothing like the one in Cape Cod. Although in Massachusetts we did see a few minke whales and some other sea life the personal were not very pleasant, unlike the passion the employees at Island Quest Marine showed us you could tell the employees in Cape Cod saw it as just a job to them.
We are actually going back up for a fourth trip in July 2013 and are positive we will have yet another great experience.

16  Thank Sandra W