“Words can't describe....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rossmount Inn Restaurant

Rossmount Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fredericton, Canada
“Words can't describe....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Rossmount is a delightful charming Inn! The food is unforgettable – so fresh and flavorful. My husband ordered the tuna steak - seared to perfection. Unlike anything we've ever had before - the way it was seasoned, a whole medley of flavors! I had the naked lobster – so rich and tender. The rooms are quaint and clean. The grounds are breathtaking – so green for all your eyes can see. Posh pool area – very relaxing place to enjoy a glass of wine before dinner.

We’ve traveled far and wide – and to think this is in our own backyard!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Toronto, Canada
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Without a doubt this is one of the finest restaurants I have experienced.
The food is absolutely suburb and the service matches the food quality.
The value of the experience is exceptional.

1 Thank Dr doug W
Peterborough, Canada
“The Food Fantastic, The Atmosphere Less So”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Like most other reviewers, we had a meal with exceptional food value. There can be no denying that they know to cook, especially the local seafood and fish (I recommend the haddock if you decide to eat here).

That being said, there's more to a dining experience than the food. Even the most delicious meal can be marred by the ambiance of the establishment. Although the setting of the restaurant is lovely, the noise level when we ate there was appalling. The table of four women (two couples?) were so loud and so rude that I could hardly hear my partner speak. They roared. They cackled. They guffawed. It was earsplitting and really disturbing, not only for us but for the other table of four quiet, polite diners in the smaller room where we were seated.

Did the waitress or the hostess do anything to correct the situation? NO. Like us, they suffered through the show as the loudest of the four shared all of the details of her boring life, i.e. my partner's a vet and we drive around the countryside in our big fat jeep. The only help from the waitress came after the four had left the restaurant, when she came over to our table and said "Well that's a little quieter now." Too little, too late!

I would love to eat the food from Rossmount again, but only if they assure me that they will handle disruptive diners appropriately.

Perhaps they'll consider starting a take-out service?

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Wander21
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Fantastic Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This exceptionally beautiful old Inn, situated at the foot of a mountain and facing the ocean is an excellent choice for a few days' getaway. The accommodations are very comfortable, the common areas tastefully decorated, the service top notch. But best of all is the exquisite cuisine, I savoured every bite! I only wish I lived closer to St. Andrew's, so I could be a regular guest.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Lovely experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked ahead for my birthday dinner based on the existing reviews. Very good service in a large open room with plenty of windows. The food was very good from the starters to dessert. Loved the yellow fin tuna which we understand is served only when fresh and locally caught. Desserts were exceptionally good. The room did get a bit louder as the night progressed but all in all a great evening.

• Visited June 2013