“Excellent - best meal in Kimberley”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Old Bauernhaus

The Old Bauernhaus
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Kimberley
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canberra, Australia
“Excellent - best meal in Kimberley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had a memorable dinner at this restaurant. Local produce and skilled kitchencraft dominate the offerings. Every dish we ordered was just delicious.
Top service and food! You must try!

• Visited January 2013

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Sehr gut!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Excellent food, the feast is the best and don't forget the appfelstrudel! The restaurant was right across our bed and breakfast Alpenglow, so very convenient, and they did not have any problems with a big group of 15 people!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Marianne02_13
kIMBERLEY
“Over rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Heard so many great stories, and was disappointed with the reality.

For a high end restuarant - 30$ a plate , the service was slow ans a bit of attitude. started off ordering a dark draft beer- tried it whie the waitress dropped off the thier drinks and it wasn't to my taste - so I asked for a different beer; the look on her the waitress's face you'd think I'd thrown my mug on the floor. After I 10 minute wait I got my replacement beer - which was very good.

I had steak which was very good, bt at 32 $ a plate I was supprized that it did not come with a soup or salide.

My kids hade the bavarian feast - the food appeared OK but was once again flimsy
with portion size- one course was one shrimp each....... at 30$ a plate , again disappointing.

The service was slow with a long time between courses and empty plates left in front of us till the end of the serving......

Overrated, When I decide to go out and pay good money for a meal I expect good service- would not return.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank mandohead
Marysville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can Never Go Wrong!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Once again the Feast was the Beast! Every time we go to the Old Bauernhaus we say we are going to try something different but never do.......awesome place!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank MarysvilleJeff
Kimberley, Canada
“An Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

The building is awesome with so much history and the food was unique and tasty. The staff were great and I felt I had stepped into Germany

2 Thank Cathy M