“WOW!”
Review of Heartbeet Bistro - CLOSED

Heartbeet Bistro
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to heartbeet bistro, a casual fine dining establishment in Kimberley, BC! Enjoy a relaxed dinner at our contemporary bistro - start with a handcrafted cocktail, choose from a carefully selected wine list of BC Wines and round up your evening with an after dinner drink. Beer lovers find a nice selection of Canadian craft brews. Take advantage from our open kitchen - there is no need to book a chef's table. Take a seat at the bar and you can watch the action while chatting with the chef - unless he is too busy cooking... To enjoy a cocktail and dessert, a cozy lounge is available as well. All our food is made from scratch with locally sourced meat only and many other ingredients are organic and from local growers, prepared with a lot of love and passion. The bistro is small and we recommend reservations. We are preparing every meal fresh to order and this takes time. Come and enjoy an evening with good company!
Reviewed January 3, 2014

and not one of the four of us dining was a vegetarian, each dish was a delight and the service excellent! What a wonderful addition to the Kimberley dining experience. Did I mention the fresh peach martinis that were served this summer - wonderful way to eat a peach.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Finally a vegan/vegetarian restaurant in our area!
Food was amazing!
We had the chickpea fries, lentil soup as appies!
The Mushroom Lentil Burger was our main course!
So very yummy!
We wanted to try the "no" cheesecake but we will have it next time!
The restaurant is very warm and cozy!
Michel and Nicole know what they are doing!
We will be back in a " Heartbeet "

Reviewed October 10, 2013

A bit expensive for vegetarian fare. A rather limited food menu and wine selection, but they were tasty.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I went here when I was in Kimberley in the summer because I'm vegetarian (although my company was not). It has a cute facade, but the inside it's really modern. The owners are Swiss and have given it a more Euro-style decor, including an open kitchen right when you walk in - with a bar where you can watch the cook make your food! Very cool. There is limited seating but that was one of my favourite parts because it created a quaint and warm atmosphere. As for the food... uhm wow. It was amazing. Two of us got a vegetable and rice dish with tofu that sounded like it could be boring but the flavours were unreal. The other two in my party got beet gnocci (see pictures) which I also tried and loved. There is apparently always an item with beets, hence the name of the restaurant. Overall the chef has created really, really unique dishes that I think anyone would love, veggie or not, and the drinks selection is awesome. We tried a number of beers and cocktails that I had never heard of (a lot of local stuff, plus chef's creations) - again with a European flair. If you've drank in Europe you'd know what I'm talking about! Definitely give this place a try if your in town.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stumbled across Heart Beet while wandering around Kimberley. Although we are not vegetarians, we do like good vegetarian food. This turned out to be one of the best vegetarian restaurants we've been to. It's a lovely small place. The young couple who own and operate it are very friendly. Nice wine list, and food was outstanding. The menu is limited, with additional nightly specials. We enjoyed it so much, we went back for a second night. We had all three of the entrees on the menu plus a special entrée, with each being unique and delicious. The "Not" Cheesecake dessert was incredible!