“Nice surprise!”

Bear's Eatery
Ranked #11 of 44 Restaurants in Kimberley
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Nice surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Three of us had lunch here today for the first time and were all impressed. This clean and cozy cafe with unique and interesting decor offers up friendly service and a menu with more than just the usual fare. All of our meals looked and tasted wonderful and we would not hesitate to recommend Bear's Eatery to anyone looking for a great place to eat in Kimberly! Six thumbs up!

Visited September 2013

Bouncing Around
“Worth the trip - not your average diner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were passing through the area and decided to check out Kimberley and popped into bears eatery based on the reviews here, and I have to say it lived up to the hype and exceeded expectations!

Proper home style cooking done right - we had the turkey pot pie (perfect pastry) and Mac and cheese (oozing cheese), a Caesar salad (nice light dressing from scratch) and banana cream pie that was amazing. 90% of the menu is made from scratch and tastes it!

Service was awesome - jj the host greeted us and talked us through some suggestions of where to point our trip, and was super friendly and kind and have us hugs on the way out (a definite road food first)!

Do yourself a favor and stop in for a bite!!

• Visited August 2013
Calgary
“Mmm pies!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We arrived 1/2 hour to closing time but they welcomed us in. My wife and I indulged in the special pot-pies and my son ate the home-style mac & cheese. This is home-cooking at its best! They even put a fresh pot of coffee on for us. The rockin' decor is a nice touch. It shows the owner's enthusiasm for both music and running a great restaurant. This is the place that the locals eat...so you know it good.

Visited August 2013
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Food, Wonderful Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were so disappointed that we didn't find this gem earlier in our trip! The array of food on the menu allows everyone to find something, and of 4 meals ordered EVERYTHING was FANTASTIC! They have created such a wonderful atmosphere and JJ in the front makes you feel right at home while Bear creates the most delicious meals in the kitchen. Our 10 month old son had a fantastic time and was entertained by the decorations and toys that they so graciously allowed him to play with. The pot pies, are amazing and the pizza is even better than any found in the big city, not to mention the desserts we ordered (home made cheese cake and banana cream pie) . . . delicious! we can't wait to return, not just for the food but also for the atmosphere and service!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JenCharlebois
Kimberley, Canada
“Not Bad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I heard the food at Bear's Eatery is really good. I ordered the Half Rack of Ribs special. While the BBQ sauce and coleslaw were delicious, the ribs were very tough, stringy and difficult to eat. I don't think they had been roasted for long enough. The meal also came with fries, which arrived hot and fresh.

I decided to give the place another chance and came back for lunch one day. I ordered the Chicken Pot Pie (one of my favorite things to eat) The filling was quite salty and not very moist, and the crust was not dry and flaky like it should be, but rather doughy and thin. I needed a jug of water to help wash it all down. I really wanted to like this place. Perhaps I'll return one day to try one of their desserts.

The service was friendly and attentive, and I like the decor and ambiance of the place. It's just unfortunate that the food is no better than I can make at home. It's obvious that the proprietors care very much about their business and one really feels at home eating there.

• Visited June 2013