“Good food and atmosphere”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Ranked #28 of 45 Restaurants in Kimberley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Abbotsford, B C, Canada
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Service was good and staff cheerful and friendly. Table area quiet and warm. Food good as expected. Restaurant was in Trickle Creek complex which was where we were staying so very handy. Atmosphere was friendly and clean.

Visited December 2013

Kimberley, British Columbia, Canada
“Fantastic lunch”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I had the chicken taco's and fries. The taco's looked liked they were made in house and were fresh and light. I had thought there was no way I could eat all that was on my plate but as the whole meal was so very well presented and cooked perfectly, I left very little on my plate. This is a restaurant that obviously changes it's cooking oil on a regular basis as the fries did not have any of that awful burnt oil taste that many restaurants seem to have. My companion had the turkey burger and said she thought it was really good. the service was good, not intrusive at all and all in all this is a great place to go for lunch.

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cozy place for a snow in”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Amazing place, amazing food, and amazing service! We ordered the:
1. Mac 'n cheese fritters - I was curious how it would be different from thw mozzarella balls.. great appetizer!
2. Rib-eye steak with rice pilaf - one of the best steaks I've ever had in my life. Perfectly seasoned.
3. Pork ribs with fries - in love with the complementary corn muffin!

Nakusp, Canada
“Great food but understaffed”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had absolutely fabulous food both times we ate here. It was right next to our hotel. We were greeted warmly when we came in. However, there were often long waits not only for food but for anyone to check on drinks or even take our order. We were a large group coming in on a slow day in the offseason, but still. When we were served, we were treated well and courteously.

Visited October 2013
ShawnaCinBC, Manager at Montana's BBQ & Bar, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hello C S
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals and were treated well by our staff. The challenges with staffing levels during the off season is something we continue to work toward improving. We hope you will visit us again on your next visit to Kimberley, BC.
Cheers,
Shawna
“Service was pathetic, ruined our anniversary.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We came to Montana's for our anniversary. The food was good. That was about it. Our waitress Deanna was rude. I am not sure if she thought she was funny but her comments were rude. Our entire ordeal took about 2 hours and we left before we got our desserts. My sister asked for a glass of water and the waitress got confused. There were 2 birthdays that got dessert before we did just because it isn't our birthday doesn't mean we weren't celebrating. Last, I left something on the table and when I went back they told me they didn't notice anything. That was just careless, they were not paying attention. My family and I will not be returning to this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Srpotter1212
ShawnaCinBC, Manager at Montana's BBQ & Bar, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Srpotter1212, I would like to appologize for the experience you had at my Montana's Cookhouse. Thank you for bringing to our attention the errors in your service on your anniversary. We care very much about the experience of our guests when they come to our restaruant and have followed up with the staff involved with your visit. I would appreciate it if you would contact the restaurant directly at montanas3057@cara.com so that we can make this right for you.