“Golf Review”

Trickle Creek Golf Course
Ranked #8 of 19 things to do in Kimberley
More attraction details
Owner description: Using a combination of dramatic elevation changes and multiple tee boxes, this 18-hole golf course offers an enjoyable test of skill for all levels of players.
Vancouver Island, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Golf Review”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Played golf on a Friday afternoon in August this year, paid $140 taxes included which was by far the most expensive course in the Kimberley-Cranbrook area. The overall condition of the course I was thoroughly impressed with, the fairways were nice and the greens were well maintained. What I didn't like was running into a grounds keeper on every hole other than 17 and 18. Each hole I played I ran into mower's, trimmers, etc. It was awful to see this when I you start late in the morning and play prime time.

Be aware that when they say bears are on the course they actually mean it and aren't trying to just scare you, I ran into one on holes 9 and 10. This course has some great scenery but for the money there are other's out in the area that are a much better value without sacrificing quality.

I will not be returning, not at $140 per round, it doesn't matter if carts are included and a range bucket. It's just too much money for that course. There's more to a course than just a name or reputation as a prime destination, it has a responsibility to live up to expectations and such reputation to keep people coming back or pay higher than average green fees. It's too bad, I was really looking forward to a great round and instead found myself playing with mowers and weed eaters running in the back ground on 16 our of 18 holes. Just bad timing perhaps.

Calgary
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Twilight is the way to go!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Save yourself $40 and golf at twilight. We booked an early twilight tee time and it was fantastic...quick pace of play, cooler temps (still hot though!) and great light!

Although we did take advantage of the twilight rate, I was a bit disappointed in the level of service on the course. After golfing several games at different courses, it becomes easy to compare price & value and Trickle Creek being at the higher end of the price spectrum, seemed to be at the lower end of the value spectrum. The carts ran well but lacked features that every other course had such as a cooler on board. But the driving range was included in our fees so I guess credit needs to be given for that.

The course itself is gorgeous...amazing scenery, diversity of play, great course marshalls, etc. All in all...great time and would go back.

Visited August 2012
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“GREAT COURSE!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We have golfed Trickle Creek multiple times and it is our favorite course in the Kimberley / Cranbrook area.

Visited June 2012
Vegreville, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice course, great shape and challenging for all levels”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Course staff were friendly. Course is well manicured and has challenges for all levels of golferes.

Visited July 2012
calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great golf”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Has always been one of my favourite courses, and still great.

Visited May 2012