“Golf escape”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kimberley
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Spending 4days of golfing 3 great courses and spending evening with friends or mostly just enjoying the view from the balcony or using the swim area and using the barbque . The staff was extremely helpful for outside assistance in golf time and restaurants. We will be back.

Room Tip: Try for a room overlooking down town and the valley.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tricklecreeklodge, Manager at Trickle Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We enjoy hearing your great comments about our staff and hotel.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I spent the evenings of August 10 and 11, 2013 at Trickle Creek Lodge in a one-bedroom unit facing the ski hill. I actually booked a "Golf and Stay" package that gave me two night's hotel at the Trickle Creek Lodge, plus one round of golf at each of Trickle Creek Golf Course (Kimberly, BC) and Wildstone Golf Course (Cranbrook, BC). I booked via telephone directly with Trickle Creek Lodge, and the process was straightforward and simple.

The Trickle Creek Lodge is located in "The Villiage" just outside of the City of Kimberly, BC, at the base of the ski hill. It is a short 4 minute car ride to the Trickle Creek Golf Course and a 20 to 25 minute drive to the Wildstone Golf Course in Cranbrook, BC. Trickle Creek Lodge is ideally located to act as a base of operations for a golf holiday in the Eastern Kootenay's, as there are a dozen "Championship" golf courses within a 45 minute drive.

The property is nice, but it is in need of a refreshing make-over. The room I stayed in, a one bedroom unit facing the ski hill, had a very worn carpet that was wrinkled and coming off the floor. Plus paint in the bedroom and in the bathroom has chipped and/or missing off of the walls, while the tile work was grungy and dated. The King size bed was very firm but comfortable, the pillows and linens adequate, but large fluffy bath towels were nowhere to be found. Overall, my impression was that Trickle Creek Lodge was probably really nice 10 year's ago, but that without a makeover soon, it could be in real trouble.

Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is terrible and 10 is excellent, I rate Trickle Creek Lodge as a 7. Once the carpets are replaced, the walls repainted, and the rooms given an update, I am sure that Trickle Creek Lodge will meet or exceed most travellers' expectation of a "high end" vacation property. It already has a great location. Now they just need to get the physical building back up to a "high end" level.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank carfaxdave

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments and review of Trickle Creek Lodge. We are currently looking at some upgrades to our rooms including carpets. We hope to have you back with us again and trust that your experience will be enhanced on your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Only worth it if you can book under a promo rate. Check-in was quick and underground parking is free during the summer. Room was a average-sized studio with small kitchenette, pull out couch and queen bed. However, the fan / air-conditioning unit was extraordinarily noisy and the front desk was more than happy to re-locate us to a slightly more spacious one-bedroom suite. The air conditioning unit was quieter only to be offset by a really loud bathroom fan but it was tolerable. Overall, we had a comfortable stay. The premises are clean but the rooms and hallways are looking very tired and worn. The staff were pleasant. Not much happening at the lodge, no restaurant but there is a small cafe for baked goodies and coffee. Plenty of hiking and biking in the surrounding area, which is very quiet during the summer.

Only a 5min drive down to the Platzl, a cute and somewhat kitschy Bavarian styled village. We had dinner at the Mozart House Inn based on some positive reviews and I was craving schnitzel. Overall, dinner was average (but at resort prices); however, the waitress was lovely.

1  Thank Chasiubao70
Tricklecreeklodge, Manager at Trickle Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your review of Trickle Creek Lodge. We are glad you were able to take advantage of one of our special rates and visit Kimberley. We are looking at some upgrades in the hotel including the bathroom fans.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed just one night in the lodge, really enjoyed the room. Lots of amenities, could easily stay longer if a person needed too. It was a one bedroom with kitchen. Enjoyed the view and the outdoor spa after golfing. Staff were nice, room was clean. nice and quiet, at least at this time of year. Breakfast nook was ok, nothing to write home about. Would go back for a long weekend golf trip.

1  Thank hottommy

Thank you so much for your review of Trickle Creek Lodge.
Please choose us again on your next visit to Kimberley.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Spent a weekend here with a friend and it was great. Got an awesome deal through a deal site and it was totally worth the money! I will keep my eyes peeled in the future for similar offers. Our room was a one-bedroom suite with a pull out-couch, fireplace, kitchen, etc. Everything was very clean and the lodge and grounds are gorgeous. Yes, the elevators can be busy but if you don't have too much luggage just take the stairs. Only other complaint is one of the hot tubs was only lukewarm. Hope to come back here again soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CSquared31
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed August 1, 2013 and had a 2 bedroom suite that we all thought was amazing for the price. Check in was fast, room was clean but when I went to check out in the morning I was not impressed with the desk manager. I waited for over 5 minutes while she talked with an employee on the phone about scheduling shifts and gossiping about other employees. I cleared my throat to make sure she knew I was there(although I was pretty sure she knew) but I got the rude "wait a minute" hand signal. It took her well over another 5 minutes until she finished her call. When she got off the phone she did not apologize nor ask me how the stay was. I cannot believe she put me, a paying customer, on hold instead of an employee on the phone she could have called back! If it was a customer I might understand, but this left me very irritated and a sour taste in my mouth. I would have asked to speak to a manager but from her telephone conversation I gathered that was probably her.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank misc2013
Tricklecreeklodge, Manager at Trickle Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
Please accept my apologies for the unfortunate guest service you experienced while staying with us. I assure you, I have talked with my front desk duty managers and this is not the typical Trickle Creek Lodge experience.
I hope you will still try us again next time you are in Kimberley and give us a chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My car was parked in the underground parking garage and was vandalized by having food thrown all over the front windshield and hood. When I brought this to the attention of the staff the response was 'Oh'... zero customer service. If you care about your car you might want to consider twice prior to booking here.
Other than the above mentioned incident the stay was average. The room was large, well equipped and as described on the website. The only complaint about the room was that the king bed was two doubles pushed together and they were both different heights, this made it a bit awkward to sleep on.
The only other issue with this hotel is that there is only 1 elevator both for staff and guests. Be prepared to wait up to 10 minutes at peak check in/out times.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on lower floors so that you are not dependent on the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CooperMac

Hello and Thank you for your review of Trickle Creek Lodge.
I have discussed the matter with my team that was working the day you checked out and we extend our apologies that it was not handled to your satisfaction.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and welcome you back next time you are in Kimberley.

Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimberley
Mountain Spirit Resort
#3 of 18 in Cranbrook
16 mi away
Best Western Cranbrook Hotel
Alpenglow Bed and Breakfast

Been to Trickle Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!