Trickle Creek Lodge
Travellers Motel(Cranbrook)
  • Free Internet
Model A Inn(Cranbrook)
View Hotel
All reviewstrickle creekfull kitchenski hillone bedroom suiteunderground parkingmontana's restaurantgas fireplaceoff seasonking bedpull out couchski lockershockey tournamentyear roundfront desk staffoutdoor poolminute drivebit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2011

we loved this hotel and it is in the most wonderful position. we took our adult children and there parntners on a skiing trip to Kimberley, and we had the most amazing holiday.
everything is right on your door step. the only down sides were the journey and the staff were not always over helpful. would definatly recommend this hotel to others and we would return again the skiing was amazing but some of the slops were not for begginers.there were very few people on the slopes, also there was no queing for the lifts etc.......

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2011

This was our first trip to Canada and we were not disappointed. Kimberley was an awesome place to visit, the standard of accommodation at the Trickle Creek Lodge was outstanding and the Canadian people went out of their way to be helpful. Above all their friendliness was sincere and helped to make the trip absolutely magical. There is not one bad thing I can say about the entire experience. It was so good I rebooked to go back next year after spending one day there! If you like your apres ski lively then this is probably not the resort for you, however if you want good skiing, friendly locals, good food and great local beer then this ticks all the right boxes.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jaylo41
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I stayed at the Trickle Creek Lodge for 1 week with my girlfriend in early Feb 2011.

Firstly the hotel is perfectly located next to the main chair lift in Kimberley. It really is ski in/ski out. The transfer from Calgary airport took about 6 hours which was a bit of a killer, but on arrival check in was fast and easy.

The lodge is a bit dated in terms of decor but the rooms are huge and homely. I've honestly seen flats in London that are smaller. The kitchen is well equipped with 4 ring electric hob, oven, microwave fridge/freezer and kettle. Pretty much every utensil you'd need is there too.

The bathroom is large with bath and shower and there was a spare sink in the bedroom too.

The bedroom was huge, as was the bed. Definite queen size. Full wardrobe and drawers also were a big bonus. TV and cable in the bedroom was also most welcome.

Living room featured a gas replica log fire which works on a timer. Kicks out plenty of heat and the room was almost too warm the whole week. Comfy sofa which also folded out to a bed, and a dining table with four chairs. The rooms have free interent access but you need to get a cable from the front desk to connect. Living room also has a large flat screen TV with cable and a balcony with 2 seats that overlook the nursery slopes and North Star chair lift.

Room can't be faulted. It was cleaned daily and everything was comfy and worked perfectly.

Staff were always helpful and very friendly, the breakfast which was included in our package was ample - bagels, fresh waffles, cereal, toast, fruit, scrambled eggs, ham, tea, coffee, juice - pretty much everything you would want.

There's a Kelseys bar/restaurant located in the building but I only ate there once on the first night. The food was fine though.

The hotel has an outdoor hot tub and small pool which was great after a hard day on the slopes. Both seemed clean and in good working order.

The resort itself is small with only 3 chairlifts but there's plenty of slopes to explore and the snow was amazing when I visited. Most pistes were empty and you could literally do a run from top to bottom and only pass 4 people some times. The only time I had to queue for a lift was when they opened a 9am, other than that I was straight on every time.

I went to Kimberly town twice. It was a 30 minute walk there and a 10 minute bus ride back. There's a couple of grocery stores which were pretty well stocked (although not much in the way of vegetarian options). Fresh produce was particularly expensive, but that's to be expected up in the mountains. Sullivans pub serves good food and was very friendly.

Stemwinders bar located by the main lift was also welcoming but it closes at 18:30, which means you have to head to Kelseys or into town for any form of nightlife. As a warning Kimberly isn't the place to go if you're looking for apres ski. There really isn't any.

I'd definitely return to Kimberly and the Trickle Creek lodge. I'd recommend the area to beginners or those with kids who are learning as the slopes are quiet but perfect for learning.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RobLondon
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We Travelled to Kimberley from England for a skiing holiday in Jan 2010. As much as we enjoyed it there, we would probably not return, but this is purely due to travelling times.
Upon arrival at the hotel we requested a room move due to being placed close by to a particularly noisy group we had spent the past 5 hours sat on a bus with! This was absolutely no issue to the staff who immediately gave us a room on the other side of the hotel.
The rooms are spacious, clean and equipped with everything you will need. The room also has a kitchenette, dining area and small living room. The bedroom was also quite spacious and very cosy.
There is a communal laundry room within the hotel, which is very handy.
The hotel is also equiped with a small but functional gym if you fancy a bit of additional exercise.
The hot tubs outside are large, well kept and offer a great view of the mountain.
The hotel is genuinely ski in ski out and right at the base of the main lift. Skiing in Kimberley was brilliant. It is quite a good sized area and the resort was never very busy, even on the weekend. You would often have whole runs to yourself.
The hotel also has a built in Kelselys, which we ate at several times and proves very handy indeed if you dont fancy catching the bus into downtown kimberley.
Overall we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay here. It is a small resort but very well run and offers a quieter holiday experience if thats what you are after.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keeno9712
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Just got back and I can be an irritable person, travelling with little kids does that to me. The staff was soooo nice. Ran out of milk for my babies bottle, they opened the kitchen and ot me milk, no charge. My picky little eater refused to eat, the waitress at the hotel ran back and got her some fresh veggies, wow. The maintenance man in the hall, the housekeeping staff, the ladies at the desks, everyone was very friendly. They took my stresssful moments and helped set them at ease without making me feel like I was a bother.
The hill has a good mix of runs, at first I thought it looked small compared to some other locations but the runs off of the Eagle chair are long and challenging.
In the evening the hill grooming machinery can be a bit noisy, the view being hillside was nice ,younger kids could watch the skiing action, we could watch them ski from our room, very nice.
One rater commented that Kimberley was boring, true most stores close at 5:30, but their are some great places for dinner, The Old Bauernhaus was lovely and the Burrito Grill was cute, again nice staff, geat Chicken Lime soup. These places were kid friendly.
We've stayed at on hill accomodations where the bars were so noisy and the hill night life was so raunchy I wouldn't want my kids around it, I wouldn't want that for myself either as I like to get up early and ski hard. This place was good for that.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family