“Served the Prupose”
Review of Hotel Kimberley

Hotel Kimberley
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kimberley
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Booked the hotel for a long weekend bike trip just as all my other review have been (bike trips).
The hotel was right downtown, which is exactly where we wanted to be+
Needed a room with two beds (so didnt have to share bed with husband and father in-law) and they had one available +
It was affordable (because we were going in the summer, and not Peak Ski season) +
The room was dated and dimly lit -
The "bathroom" (if it can be called that) was cramped and small -
The bed were hard and uncomfortable to sleep on(it was made of plyboard and a foam pad(I lifted the sheets to check))-
"Pillow"? What pillow?(there was no pillow on the bed it was a folded sheet/towel, at best(from someone who suffers from neck problems and finds it inpractical to carry my 20lbs water pillow with me everywhere i travel(let alone on the back of a bike) this "folded sheet/towel" did not suffice) -
As to when the sheets were last changed was Severly Questionable (My comforter had cigarette burns in it, a questionable puple stain, Oh and a blood stain on the sheets that looked like it had occured a few days prior) -
Bugs in the bathroom (my Father in-law assured me they were'nt bed bugs or spiders just probably muntant ants) -
The clenliness of the room was over all questionable, there were stains all over the floor and water stains on the ceiling, cigarette burns on the drapery and lets face it, the whole place was in need of some good repair and seriouse upgrading.
Oh and dont let me forget about the Continental Breakfast... I had 2 two bite brownies and a peice of old toast. There was also cerel, coffee and tea available; that is all. -
It did the job for a place to rest after a long ride, but most deffinatly I will be staying else where the next time I visit Kimberly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Kimberley

Reviewed August 15, 2013

For the price we paid it was over priced. We finished up a road trip and after 12 hotels, this was the worst of the bunch. Mold and Mildew around the ac units. Dirty and tired rooms. the owners seemed to be mid argument when we arrived. Loud arguing and a grumpy front desk agent definitely made for a less than spectacular arrival.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

An older motel but was clean and comfortable. Good price and the staff were helpful and pleasant. Couldn't get wifi in our room but why complain? Breakfast was good. Bed was comfortable and had a good sleep. Little noisy by the street.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We just spent the weekend at this establishment. I had booked on line and the room does not look anything like the actual room. The room had not had a good cleaning in a long time. There was so much dust behind the TV one could write their name in it. The bathroom was old, run down and again, not the cleanist I have seen. The carpet was dirty and the air conditioner was so small that it did nothing to cool the room down. I do have to say the bed was comfortable and it was quite. The Inn was conveniently located and you pay for the location because the rooms should have been 1/3 of what we paid. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Auto_3565
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here and found it was like staying in a rowdy, rundown downtown hotel. There was a nice pub right beside it that was chock a block full of tree huggers, lumberjacks and miners. Great atmosphere at this pub.
Other than the questionable room we stayed in, it was just Ok.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bevue
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our rug was dirty, and looks like dressers hadn't been dusted in awhile. Breakfast was very basic and the room was very cold. They had a space heater going in breakfast room, but it didn't help much. I was in and out of the hotel quite a bit during the day and there was never anybody at the front desk. They would leave a phone with a phone number in case you needed to call them. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ctthe
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I wanted to check into the hotel on a recent trip to Kimberley so that my wife and I could be close to the downtown restaurants, we usually stay on the ski hill which leads to taxi drives and more expenses. We didn't care for the first room that we saw and wanted to view another room. Well Rakesh Kaushal couldn't have been ruder, less helpful or more unprofessional in trying to accommodate us. The first room was dirty as if it hadn't been properly cleaned, his poor attitude drove us out the door and up the ski hill. This man should no be in the hospitality business as he has no idea what hospitality or service is. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Brian M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimberley
Trickle Creek Lodge
#2 of 18 in Cranbrook
Chateau Kimberley Hotel
Chateau Kimberley Hotel
#2 of 6 in Kimberley

Been to Hotel Kimberley? Share your experiences!