Hotel Kimberley
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Trickle Creek Lodge(Kimberley)(Great Value!)
$78
$76
North Star Motel(Kimberley)(Great Value!)
$68
TripAdvisor
Model A Inn(Cranbrook)
$74
Mountain Spirit Resort(Kimberley)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsnew ownersroom was cleanmiddle of townkatherineplatzl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Definitely an old building as the other reviews say. And not in a charming way. Bathtubs, linens, furniture all from the 80's. We had to ask for more tp, even though we stayed two nights and it was low after the first day. Housekeeping was not the best. Free breakfast was ok, we were lucky to get the last cup of coffee... Only thing that was full was the garbages.
Would not stay here again. There are several rooms for rent in the platzyl above the pubs and restraints that I'm sure would have offered better accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Itsme1983
Reviewed January 31, 2012

A group of us stayed here overnight on the way up to Lake Columbia. Hotel was under renovation at the time but the room was fine. Standard hotel room and bathroom, all was clean. Had a room with two beds and a pullout couch, all were comfortable enough. Breakfast was decent enough. Overall nothing special, but a good enough place for an overnight stay if you get a good rate (which we did).

Nice little bar around the corner just a two minute walk away.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2012

There was a large party of school children (sports team) staying and largely uncontrolled by the adults accompanying them. The manager did little to resolve the situation and even 'complained' that a teacher was drunk and doing nothing to help. When we asked to contact the owner, he suggested that he was the man (we were not convinced). The accommodation was average. Breakfast was less than average.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScottiesInUK
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Pretty basic. Good location.
Has Internet and Continental Breakfast.
The tiles in the bathroom need a good scrub.
The air conditioner was very loud.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room was great but I was travelling with 3 dogs (attending a dog show). There is NO grass in the area...everything is concrete as it is in the downtown area. When I reserved, I requested a ground floor room; when I got there it was on the second floor. The stairs were narrow and twisty and a LOT of up and down with all my stuff. I decided that I couldn't take dog kennels up the stairs and bought sheets to cover the floor in the room. I was allowed 2 dogs in the room only ($10 per dog per night with a maximum of 2 dogs), which meant the third dog was kennelled overnight in my vehicle. The parking lot is small and although they have made arrangements with neighbouring businesses for parking, these are not secured (especially worrisome with a dog in the vehicle). The room itself was great but the work to get all my stuff in and out and the worry of leaving a dog in the vehicle means that I won't stay there again (unless I have only 2 dogs AND actually GET a ground floor room). And then there is the issue of no grass or appropriate walking area nearby.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a ground floor room if travelling with dogs (but there is no grass nearby anyway)
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo