“Great massage!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wallinger Day Spa - CLOSED

Wallinger Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Nurture yourself or someone you love with the ultimate Spa experience. The Wallinger Day Spa in Kimberley, British Columbia, let your day melt away in our relaxing atmosphere. At the Wallinger Day Spa, you'll find a personalized, intimate surrounding designed to ensure you receive comfortable individualized attention.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great massage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I love Joanne's massages. I come to Kimberley every couple of months and I make sure to get a massage each time. It's one of the highlights of my trip. She modifies the massages to my requests and how my body is responding each time. It's so relaxing and a great treat after skiing or hiking all weekend. Cute building and very central location. Joanne is extremely accommodating and she's always been able to fit me in. Would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing, thorough massage.

2 Thank Lizzie S

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing, best I ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The experience starts when you walk in the door into a beautifully decorated , relaxing room, clean and professional space. You are greeted by Joanne who was very well dressed, and has a big smile, she puts you at ease right away. She inquires in detail what you are interested in treating, and then continues to explain anything you have questions about. I have had many facials, but none that included arms, fingers, wrists, as well as a thorough relaxing facial, where I came out if it completely glowing and feeling like a million bucks! Her pricing was very reasonable. I drove 8 hours from Alberta, and very happy I walked in her business. I look forward to rebooking next summer! I completely recommend going in and
spoiling yourself at Wallinger Spa

2 Thank Michellevandenhouten
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Most amazing massage I've ever had in the life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

So friendly! Fit me in for a same day appointment ( 90 minute massage). The building is beautiful and so clean. Definitely a must do in Kimberley!! If you love your daughter/ wife/ girlfriend or even if you wanna spoil yourself, then make this place a priority.
Will be back!

2 Thank Justine044
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This was the WORST massage I have ever had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a 90minute massage by the owner Joanne. I would like to warn anyone to avoid massage services here. Joanne is not a RMT, and this should have been my first clue this was not going to be good. However, I gave it a shot thinking if anything it would be at least be relaxing. It seems as though she has ZERO formal training and only has about 3 moves, which she does over and over and over. It was such a disappointing and boring massage that by the end I was so annoyed, I left feeling more tense than before! Do not waste your time or money on massage services here. I did not have any other services so I cannot comment on those.

1 Thank LemonMeringue1
Wallinger, Owner at Wallinger Day Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello, I am very disappointed to lean that you did not enjoy your massage, if I had know you were unhappy I would have certainly stopped the service and perhaps offered you another spa service. It is always our first and foremost priority to ensure customer satisfaction and care.. The Wallinger Day Spa does not mislead or advertise RMT standard, we do however have over 25 years of experience within the Spa Industry with constant skill upgrading and are current members with the Natural Health Practioners of Canada... We do appreciate your comments and only receive this constructively....
Joanne
Cochrane, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kimberley R&R”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Wallinger Day Spa is the perfect spot in Kimberley to get away for a little R&R from daily life. Joanne makes sure all the little things are just right so your experience is soothing. I personally love the massage facial combo when I do not have to leave the massage table to get my facial. I make sure I go every time I visit Kimberley Perfect and tranquil!

Visited October 2012