Chateau Kimberley Hotel
Hotel Kimberley(Kimberley)
$86
$83
Hotels.com
Trickle Creek Lodge(Kimberley)(Great Value!)
$80
$77
Mountain Spirit Resort(Kimberley)(Great Value!)
$117
$112
Travelocity
North Star Motel(Kimberley)(Great Value!)
$70
Travellers Motel(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
$59
$54
Agoda.com
All reviewsart galleryyogurtlocal artistsfor salemotorcycle tourbreakfast roomdowntown areatea and coffeehelpful with local knowledgegreat townbeautiful buildingfresh flowersa lovely place to stayone nightstaff was very friendly and helpfulclean roomsplatzl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2010

This was a nice surprise as in the summer it was hard to find a place that was open as the ski places we went to were closed. Someone recommended the Chateau and it was beautifully decorated and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room we had (one queen) was tastefully decorated but was very, very small. I felt slightly claustrophobic but my husband didn't mind it. I talked to another guest who had two doubles(?) and they said their room was roomy. They have a complimentary continental breakfast which was toast, cereal, fruit tea and coffee. Didn't need anything more.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My son and me stayed at the Kimberley Chateau as part of a long motorcycle tour of BC & Alberta. From their website the hotel looked nice, so I booked up there for one nights stay even though they had no twin bedded rooms available and we had to book two singles at extra cost.

From outside the hotel looks very smart, with a nice welcoming reception area. All was good until we were shown our rooms. My son's room wasn't too bad although it was very small & claustrophobic, but mine was dreadful. There was an awful smell of something musty in there, I had to throw the window wide open and leave it while we went out for something to eat. When we returned it was a bit better but it still smelled bad. Everything in the bathroom was loose - the toilet cystern was coming away from the wall, as was the sink, even the taps were loose and the bed creaked every time I moved! It's described as a boutique hotel, so we expected more, it certainly wasn't cheap and we were very disappointed. On the upside they did let us pull the hired motorcycles up near the front door for security.

Breakfast was joke. A tiny room with very few tables - all were occupied when we arrived there. A few bits of bread, some spreads & yoghurt, plus some dregs of orange juice and coffee was all that was on offer and some of that looked like it had been regurgitated from the day before. Given that we had a few miles to ride that day we decided to forego breakfast and hit the road, so we never ate 'til we got to Radium Hot Springs a few hours later.

Kimberley itself is an odd little town - very Bavarian. Most restaurants are German themed and sell German type food, Weiner Schnitzel (sp?) and Bratwurst etc. - some even have accordionists playing whilst you eat, all very strange

The Kimberley Chateau is a very expensive hotel for what it offers, I probably woudn't recommend it to anyone, and if I did ever find myself back in Kimberley (unlikely) then I'd find somewhere of better value to stay.

Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank deltic
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We are sleeping in this hotel while touring Canada, and in particular while crossing the Rockies.
We couldn't find anything cheaper so we were forced to pay about 20 dollars more than our normal budget.
However we find quite a big difference for this extra. Not that in our previous hotels/hostels we weren't comfortable, but we missed that feeling of little bit luxury we have with this hotel. In our Canada tour it is the first time we don't feel in a "cheap and cheerful" situation.
What we like is the combination of pastel colours that gives a sense of calm and peace, maybe also helped by the location that in this season is particularly calm.
Room is big enough and clean. The only odd thing we found is the missing of wireless internet, as only cable internet is available though a Ethernet plug (they borrowed us the cable). That's fine for the laptop, but not for the smartphone.
Breakfast is available on a beautiful, sunny terrace, but it is self-service based and coffe/tea are available only from flasks.
At the end a very nice little hotel where to spend a relaxing vacation. If you instead are looking for adventure, shopping, night-life I think you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2008

In so many ways, this is a lovely place to stay. It was clean and the atmosphere was very charming. It was also within easy walking distance to the Platzl and in a very quiet area. They had a lovely tea and coffee table with fancy teas fresh cookies out all day. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
But...
The room was smaller than I expected and it was missing common comforts such as an iron or hair drier. I am sure they may have had those at the front desk if we asked.
The worst part... we got a room with a "King" sized bed and were surprised to find that they had just pushed 2 twin beds together and put king sized bedding over it. It was very uncomfortable. I might stay here again but would definitely specify a queen sized bed for comfort.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Albertagirl79
Reviewed March 8, 2008

We originally didn 't realize this charming piece of kimberley herritage had been turned into a hotel, but were pleasantly surprised! We've stayed at a few hotels in the kimberley downtown area before and this one was by far the cleanest, most quiet and strangely the best value as well. We were also surprised to find out that the hotel doubles as an art gallery with pieces from local artists available for purchase right off the walls!

Will definatly be returning.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)