“Worst pub food we've had!”

Brewery Bay Food Company
Ranked #8 of 162 Restaurants in Orillia
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In 1993 Brewery Bay Food Company opened its doors in beautiful downtown Orillia as a 'fun dining' option for our locals and visitors alike. We wanted people of all ages and experiences to walk through the door and feel comfortable, greeted with a big smile and a large menu. Over twenty years later, Brewery Bay has remained true to its roots. There is something for everyone - vegans and carnivores alike! Good Grub Sit on the restaurant side with your family and indulge in our fried pickles, wonderful salads or one of our fabulous burgers and, of course, our famous cookie skillet for dessert! Great Pub Enjoy the pub, where we serve 12 different draught on tap, a wide selection of wine and scotch and a long list of cocktails and martinis. Patio The seasonal patio offers a wonderful people-watching view, centrally located in our beautiful and historic downtown Orillia. Parties Or make a booking in our private party room where we specifically cater to the needs of your event - romantic night out, birthday party or business meeting.
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This place is a joke. I like quick service as much as the next guy, but this was like eating at a McDonalds. We were in and out in less than 40 minutes including appetizer, salad, and main course because they didn't space out servings properly.

I had the ribs for $17 - a grand total of 5 ribs. With no exaggeration, we get 3-4 times the quantity of ribs in a delicious sauce for $14 at our local pub. Back to this place, the ribs were dry (no sauce), flavourless, but at least cooked reasonably so I wouldn't get food poisoning. The fries were OK, but the highlight was the veggies - at least the things that used to be veggies before they were boiled several times, heat lamped for hours, and delivered to me as squishy, shrivelled up and dry lumps.

This nightmare of a meal gave us a great topic for our morning breakfast with other guests at the B&B. In the end we decided to rejoice in the fact that we live elsewhere and we're not stuck going to this place.

2  Thank James S

Reviewed September 4, 2011

The food was very good and for a vegetarian, I was surprised by the amount of items there was on the menu. We were visiting our friends in Orillia for a week in July, and the day we ate at Brewery Bay, which was not planned, we had our poodles in the car with us. This was during the major heatwave in mid-July and the waitress allowed us to tie up the dogs next to where our table was (but they were on the ground while we sat in a corner on the patio). She also brought them a bowl of cold water and I really appreciated that. And we didn't even ask her! All four of us got something different. The portions were huge, all our meals were delicious and the bartenders know how to make excellent Bloody Ceasars. During the spring and summer months, this is a fantastic place to go if you want to sit on the patio to eat, drink and people watch. But I'm certain that the food is just as good inside, it all depends on your seating preference.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I rarely order vegetarian, but the grilled vegetable sandwich could change that! It was very tasty, loaded with big slices of grilled veggies and a slab of goat cheese. Messy to eat, but worth it!

Reviewed August 24, 2011

I have been to Brewery Bay many many times. The food is always excellent, fresh, hot and delicious. The service however..... I have grown a small grey beard waiting for my food and sometimes need to stand and look around for a few hours to find someone to refill my drink. The one thing I can say is that the service has improved over the years but is still slower than most. The food is worth the wait though!

1  Thank Meldufski
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Went to The Brewery after the car show and was impressed with the food. Good quantity for the price and the service was great. I would definitely make another trip back to Orillia.