“Great Food”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I've never been disappointed at Theo's Eatery in Orillia. Never. Having traveled extensively throughout North America, Great Britain, Europe, I can tell you, I've never had a better Caesar salad! Theo's has the art of the Caesar down pat! The pastas are great, the food is all cooked with very good consistent results. I've been going to Theo's now for over 20 years, so I know. The prices are what you would expect for a restaurant of this calibre. It is a great place to celebrate birthdays, special events or just have a business meeting. Personally, I always ask to be seated in the "Old section" and in a booth if it is available. The new side (relatively new) is a wide open space. If you only have to wait an extra 5 minutes to sit in the 'old' side, wait!

1  Thank Michael B

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My steak was overcooked and stringy and though replaced with one that was indeed medium rare, was just as hard to chew. My friend had a piece of dried out salmon with what she considered a overly sweet glaze but she did like her Greek salad and said everything was fresh and crisp. We did not bother with desert but both agreed that this was not a place we would reconsider in a hurry.
Service was very basic

4  Thank Pheromona
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have been to Theo's many times & always enjoy it. The restaurant is casual & cozy. The menu features a great selection of greek, italian, or classic North American choices. The prices are reasonable & the service is friendly. My favourite entree is the chicken parmesan; always leftovers for lunch too! My only complaint is with the soup; it tends to be salty & tinny. Maybe from a can? Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place; we will be back!

1  Thank physio2
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We anticipated a good meal here before a show at Rama based on reviews and line up upon arrival. My lasagna was very unappetizing with very little filling and too much greasy cheese. Friends steak was to be rare but came overcooked. Other friends said lamb chops and stir fry were good so maybe they just need to focus on some specialties. Service friendly but slow. Won't return.

3  Thank Muggette60
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I took my husband for his birthday as his favorite is the steak and spaghetti. When we arrived, the hostess told us she could squeeze us in but we had to be done within an hour because of reservations. My husband's steak was not cooked as ordered and he couldn't eat the spaghetti. My grilled shrimp was so over cooked, I could barely chew it. My mom ordered the beer battered fish and when the waitress came it was frozen fish filets! The entire time we were trying to eat, the hostess was staring at us (guess the time limit she'd given us was just about up). Including tip, this horrible meal was just under $200.00. Next time my husband wants steak and spaghetti, we will go to Casa Mia in Barrie.

5  Thank Donna S