“Expected more” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Theo's Eatery

Theo's Eatery
Ranked #2 of 152 Restaurants in Orillia
Cuisines: Italian, Greek, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Expected more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My steak was overcooked and stringy and though replaced with one that was indeed medium rare, was just as hard to chew. My friend had a piece of dried out salmon with what she considered a overly sweet glaze but she did like her Greek salad and said everything was fresh and crisp. We did not bother with desert but both agreed that this was not a place we would reconsider in a hurry.
Service was very basic

• Korean first
Barrie, Canada
“Great Family Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have been to Theo's many times & always enjoy it. The restaurant is casual & cozy. The menu features a great selection of greek, italian, or classic North American choices. The prices are reasonable & the service is friendly. My favourite entree is the chicken parmesan; always leftovers for lunch too! My only complaint is with the soup; it tends to be salty & tinny. Maybe from a can? Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place; we will be back!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank physio2
“Don't order lasagna”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We anticipated a good meal here before a show at Rama based on reviews and line up upon arrival. My lasagna was very unappetizing with very little filling and too much greasy cheese. Friends steak was to be rare but came overcooked. Other friends said lamb chops and stir fry were good so maybe they just need to focus on some specialties. Service friendly but slow. Won't return.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Muggette60
Orillia
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I took my husband for his birthday as his favorite is the steak and spaghetti. When we arrived, the hostess told us she could squeeze us in but we had to be done within an hour because of reservations. My husband's steak was not cooked as ordered and he couldn't eat the spaghetti. My grilled shrimp was so over cooked, I could barely chew it. My mom ordered the beer battered fish and when the waitress came it was frozen fish filets! The entire time we were trying to eat, the hostess was staring at us (guess the time limit she'd given us was just about up). Including tip, this horrible meal was just under $200.00. Next time my husband wants steak and spaghetti, we will go to Casa Mia in Barrie.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Donna S
Orillia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food that is to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I recently went to Theo's Eatery for my boyfriends birthday. It was the first time I went and it most definitely will not be my last. Their ceasar salad dressing was delicious, I could live on that and that alone. Their garlic bread is just full of cheesy, garlicy goodness and I couldn't get enough. We tried the spanakopitas and they were honestly just the best. By the time our meals got around (Theo's House Special Spaghetti and the Chicken Alfredo,) we were too full to make a dent into the huge portions, so we got the rest to go. Honestly, every bit of it was worth the money we spent on our dinner. Some restaurants, you can pay $14 for a plate of spaghetti and it looks as if it could be an appetizer, but Theo's...Theo's is well worth it. I don't even know where they even find plates that big. I'll be eating Chicken Alfredo for days. The waitress came around at all the right times, and the atmosphere was elegant, yet casual.

• Visited October 2013