“AMAZING PLACE TO ENTER AND HAVE ALL OF YOUR NASAL SENSES PLEASANTLY PLEASED!”

Mariposa Market Stores
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Orillia
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
London, Canada
“AMAZING PLACE TO ENTER AND HAVE ALL OF YOUR NASAL SENSES PLEASANTLY PLEASED!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Yummm...fresh baked goods of all kinds, fresh ground coffee and full counter service food area at the back serving everything from quiche, wraps, sandwiches and fresh, hot soups.

The comforting aromas coming from all corners, make you enter and will have your stomach aching for something to eat and then for something sweet.

We went for breakfast, which I strongly suggest you do when staying in Orillia.

Dont worry about the crowds, this business is capable of handling a large volume of visitors.

We orderd up fresh quiche, turkey sandwiches and hot soup...You will automatically be able to tell that all is made from scratch, including the soup! No mixes here!

Likely the best cauliflower cheddar soup my husband said he has ever had! Best soup over all he has ever had!

Bought tarts and the Margarita Loaf for desserts to take home...wow! Fresh and amazing!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TwirlingTina

Barrie, Canada
“My favourite place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have been going to Mariposa market for almost 20 years now. We went last week and nothing has changed except they have improved the cashier area and added more tills. I grew up in Orillia and though I have moved away now I still drive there just to go to Mariposa Market. The cakes are amazing and creative. Every year for our birthdays we order a cake and they accommodate food allergies very well when you order in advance. The upstairs seating area of the cafe has always been my favourite because you get a bird's eye view of the whole place and it's great for people watching. All of their baked goods are absolutely amazing and they have daily specials that are quite often very unique and creative.

All of the the stores connecting with main store (Season Shop, Scent Shop and Apple Annie's) are amazing. There are a lot of very unique finds. The Scent Shop has some very unique (costume) jewellery for reasonable prices that makes a great gift. Apple Annie's has amazing fudge and they give you free samples (they ask you, you don't have to even ask them!).

If you are in Orillia for sure stop at Mariposa market.

• Visited July 2014
Toronto
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Every time I get to Orillia I always make a point of stopping in at Mariposa. Baked goods are yummy, breads are delicious and it's an awesome place to stop in for a delicious lunch. You have to take home a bag of their cinnamon rolls and their amazing breads. Their loaf cakes are to die for, and their cheesecake tarts don't last 2 hours in our house.

• Visited June 2014
“Always worth the stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We love this bakery and shop. The cakes are delicious and the buns/bread second to none. Wish it was closer to home.

Visited July 2014
North Bay, Canada
“Home Sweet Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I love Mariposa!

It holds many many memories from my childhood. I would visit Mariposa with my mother all the time as a kid. She would bring me at Christmas to see Santa (does Santa still visit?) and to have a piece of the Christmas Log. We then would head downstairs and have a taste of Fudge.

Now that I no longer live in Orillia, I alway make sure to stop at Mariposa when I am back in town!

This past Canada Day weekend I made a visit with my Step-mother. Of course the place was packed wall to wall with visitors, but this is how I remember it! We each had our own bruschetta flat bread which was delicious, however DO NOT eat one by yourself! They are so filling. We then split a Texas Chocolate donut. If anything, the Texas Donut is a must!!

We looked at all of the cute cupcakes they had made just for Canada Day.

The staff are so friendly, and the place is always clean. So many different things to look at and buy.

I just love this place! It feels like home to me.

• Visited June 2014