“Best "homemade" burger in town!”

Hills Maple Leaf Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 163 Restaurants in Orillia
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Hubby was craving a good burger...and I was not feeling like fast food so we decided in Hills. We both had bacon and cheese burgers and shared an order of fries and could barely finish our meal. The burger was a homemade patty cooked on a flat top to get those yummy crispy edges. Dare to say it was the best burger in town...probably because I don't enjoy a frozen burger patty. We will return! This place is by no means fancy...but it reminds me of the "Mom and Pop" places that I would have visited while growing up :)

1  Thank carriesunshine

Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you want a good Breakfast and want a diner experience,this is it.
Hills has been around for years - Family owned and operated it offers Great food and lots of it. Friendly staff always there with the coffee

1  Thank BarrieRes
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hills is not a fancy restaurant - but it serves very good food at reasonable prices. My family has being going to this location almost every time we visit Orillia. Staff are very friendly. Meals are piping hot. Quantities served are good.
You can tell that this restaurant is popular as there are many, many "regular" customers. It is not uncommon to hear staff chatting with locals - adding to a very pleasant atmosphere.
Try Hills the next time you are in Orillia !

Reviewed December 23, 2012

A friend of mine got me hooked on Hills and now I recommend it to everyone else who is looking for a "mom and pop" diner.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The restaurant is not fancy (a plain jane diner) but if you want a big meal for a decent price. This is the place for you. The dinner special is always affordable. The last time we were there the husband and I ordered the dinner special. Included was a beverage (coffee/tea/pop), soup / or juice (get the homemade soup, it's a meal on it's own), 3 pieces of fried chicken, way too many french fries, and coleslaw, and dessert (the rice pudding is our favourite). All for just $12.17 per person.

As a local we also come here for breakfast it too is large and affordable but be prepared to wait in line at the door...as it is a very popular place for breakfast on weekend mornings.