“Great Place and Great Staff”
Review of Stone Gate Inn

Stone Gate Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Reviewed August 19, 2009

The Stone Gate Inn turned out to be a great find. The staff was very helpful, the breakfast hot and the room super clear plus nicely decorated. The staff recommended a restrauant nearby (same ownership as the hotel) and it also was excellent. We went to the Casino Rama (free shuttle to and from) for a show but did want to stay in that area. I will go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 9, 2009

We had a luxury suite with kitchenette which contained a refrigerator, microwave, bottled water, coffee/tea and real cream stocked and replenished. A welcome note is found. A turn-down service note is left, along with chocolates. The morning paper is at your door. Downstairs, there is a washer and drier available for use by guests, along with a gym, pool and hot tub. Our suite had a 2-person jacuzzi that was wonderful. The included bathrobes were handy after that. The king size bed was superb with linens and matress of high quality. Complimentary breakfast includes many items including fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, cereals, yoghurt, juice, toast, bagels and muffins. Also complimentary are the hors d'œuvres at 5pm which are very tasty. Everything was very clean. Very nice people. I plan to come back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ixnayx
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Just got back from the Stone Gate Inn and had a wonderful time. The hotel is beautiful and our room on the 4th room was great. We had a room with a fireplace and we are glad that we spent the extra money. There is a free shuttle to the casino that runs every hour. Within walking distance of restaurants, beer store and grocery store. Staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the morning had everything you could ask for considering it was free. We would definately come back to the Stone Gate Inn.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2009

We stayed at the Stone Gate Inn for only one night, however if we could have, we would of extended our stay.

The hotel staff was extremley friendly and the room was better than expected. We stayed in the Fieplace Studio Suite, which had a king bed, fieplace and a small bar area. The bar area included a microwave, sink, bar size fridge and plates and cutlery.

The bed and pillows were the most comfortable we've stayed on.

We left some items in the room after check out, and the staff promptly shipped the items to us.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I traveled to Orillia and stayed in a couple of different motels and hotels, due to availability of rooms. During the weekends, the rooms were already booked, so we had to change motels, which was a real pain, but I was able to find 1 suite available left, at the Stone Gate Inn. I am sorry I didn't go there first. The staff were absolutely fantastic, the service was excellent, and the price was very good. We had a suite, with a kitchen and separate bedroom, and we came at the time they changed the mattresses to brand new ones, which were very comfortable. I will be recommending this hotel to everybody I know that will be visiting Orillia.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank labtec6
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I have had the pleasure of staying at this facility several times over the past 3 months. Every suite that I have stayed in has been clean, well appointed, and comfortable. Stafff have been friendly and helpfil, and the morning complimentary breakfast has been excellent on every occasion. Itis well located in Orillia, and recommendations for dining have been excellent. Well priced for the level of quality.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Herbert044
Reviewed June 25, 2009

The Stone Gate has an amazing staff that is personable and warm. I stayed for 4 weeks and most of the staff knew who I was within a couple of days. They all were friendly and gave great advice about what to see and do while I was staying in town. They greeted me every morning at breakfast and wished me a good night as I came in from dinner with a warmth that made being away from home for a month easier to bear. The suites are spacious and comfortable. The kitchenette was great to have for such a long stay.

Biggest Pros - Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, TVs in both bed and living rooms, great showers.

Biggest Cons - Wireless internet reception is poor throughout the hotel, the hotel beds are firm (just not my personal preference)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank kmiles75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orillia
Best Western Plus Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre
Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel
The Champlain Waterfront Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection
Horseshoe Resort
Horseshoe Resort
#7 of 19 in Barrie
Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf
Days Inn - Orillia

Been to Stone Gate Inn? Share your experiences!