“Not worth the money”
Review of Stone Gate Inn

Stone Gate Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We just returned from our weekend getaway. When we arrived we were treated poorly from the get go. I was tired from driving and love jacuzzi's tubs so hoped right in. When finished reached up to get a towel and the towel rack fell into the tub hitting me on the way down. Our TV didn't work. When I called down was hung up on. It took 3 calls for someone to come and fix both. I travel alot and when i pay the amount of money this room cost I expect exceptional service. Breakfast was ok, parking free, clean rooms but not worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServicesOrillia, General Manager at Stone Gate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

I'm very sorry to hear that your recent stay was not up to standards. I was not aware of the difficulty receiving assistance with the issues in your suite. I did personally address the towel bar issue during your stay as soon as I became aware of it but was not aware that there was an issue with the television.
I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience so that I can take steps at address the short comings and ensure they do not happen again. Please contact me at the hotel at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel because of the good reviews. The hotel lived up to our expectations. The exterior is lovely. The room was elegant with a fireplace and a small kitchenette. The bed was king and so comfortable. The bathroom was roomy. The location is excellent. It is close to the highway yet also close to the beach, downtown and restaurants. The front desk staff were excellent, very friendly. They suggested a great restaurant when we asked.
We would return again.

1  Thank cacruiser_10

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The suite was large, well designed, clean, quiet, great furnature. The staff was very helpfull and friendly. The location of the Inn was handy to everything. The free breakfast was a little skimpy. Parking is plentifull and free. We will definately go back there again.

Room Tip: The front or back rooms are so so for views, but do get a suite, you will love it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I don't go to any hotel often, but I would definitely go back to Stone Gate.

The room was very well setup, everything was immaculately cleaned and the bed was incredible.

The pool was nice and the hot tub was nice to have after a long day of walking the trails.

The complimentary breakfast was filled with variety... hard boiled eggs, breakfast sausage, yogurt, cereal, granola, bagels, coffee, hot chocolate, tea etc.

Nicest place I've stayed in years, but ultimately the staff, were very friendly and helpful, to everyone, it was something that was unexpected and very welcome

/troy

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank SnarfCassidy

Thank you very much for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there after a concert at Casinorama. It was a bit far from the venue, but the comfort of the bed and coffee alone were worth the drive! Excellent, friendly and helpful service, I'll go back again!

• Stayed: June 2013
GuestServicesOrillia, General Manager at Stone Gate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just back from another wonderful weekend spent at Stone Gate Inn!!

As a group of Nurses' who graduated from OSMH we meet yearly at this great boutique hotel and have always had such warm friendly sevice, clean affordable luxurious accomodations,and plenty of delicious food both for Friday night Cocktail Hour and daily breakfast included.

Staff Christian, Laurie, Nicole and other great staff whom I don't know their names, always make sure we have a memorable time. Already we have booked for again next year and will continue to do so for as long as we can!

Room Tip: all rooms are clean, well furnished and comfortable
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 154990Happy
GuestServicesOrillia, General Manager at Stone Gate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

It was so great to see everyone again although we did miss those that couldn't make it this year. I'm very glad to hear that we could make your stay enjoyable once again. Have a great summer and we'll see you agin next year, if not sooner!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had booked a concert at Casino Rama on a Friday night and didn't want to drive back to Toronto after but also didn't want to pay the really expensive rates at the Casino Rama hotel itself. The Stone Gate Inn is a great alternative and only about 10 minutes away from the casino. The rooms are good-sized suites with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub and included a continental breakfast with some good variety. The service was very personal and just excellent. We decided to do some biking on nearby trails and they stored our bikes securely in the basement. A 24 hour grocery store is next door which is very handy as the rooms also have kitchen facilities. The only drawback was a limited kitchen for restaurant service so they couldn't turn a meal around quicky.A really good value and a lovely spot!

Room Tip: Take one of the fireplace suites
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm very pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orillia
Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel
Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf
Horseshoe Resort
Horseshoe Resort
#7 of 19 in Barrie

Been to Stone Gate Inn? Share your experiences!