“Loved my stay here!”

Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here while visiting the area for the first time from the States. I found the staff to be extremely welcoming and helpful. The parking lot and general area were well-lit and safe. I received a room on the second floor right off of the lobby. I was told there was no elevator for this section. You just had one short flight of stairs-and no waiting for elevators. Which was fine with me as I only had one bag. There was a little community room at the top of the stairs, a few doors down from my room with a desktop computer. It was very convenient for me since I was travelling without my laptop. The room was spotless, had a fridge, coffeemaker and very comfortable bed. The decor was attractive and the housekeeping did a great job keeping it clean and stocked. The free breakfast was excellent! Lots of hot and cold choices, make your own waffles and Starbucks coffee! The bkfst area was very comfy and the woman running it took real pride in her work and keeping us happy. Very comfortable stay and quiet night's sleep. I would recommend it and would return. Wish they could all be like this!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MaryBCNortheastPA
CraigMusil, General Manager at Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review.

I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am very grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

Please come visit us again!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have never been inclined to wrtie a review for a hotel, but after my experience with Craig Musil (General Manager) at the Best Western Couchiching Inn I felt compeled to do so. For the past 10 years anytime I have visited Orillia I have almost always stayed at this hotel. On my last trip, I encountered an employee who was beyond rude - this is not meant to be a reflection of the hotel staff or the individual (everyone has bad days). I spoke with Craig and explained my negative encounter with the employee. He provided a very sincere apology and also gave me two free rooms whenever I would like them - I am using them this weekend, which was also very nice of him to accomodate as I'm sure the March Break is a very busy time for the hotel. I cannot say enough about Craig Musil - he is a genuine, honest and kind business man who sincerely cares about the quality of service his guests receive at his hotel. The hotel itself is extremely nice as the decor, rooms, facilities, staff and location are all wonderful. To anyone who is thinking of going to Casino Rama or the Orillia area I would reccomend this hotel and no other. I have stayed once at the Casino Hotel and the Days Inn across from it - both of which I regret. The Days Inn does not compare to the Best Western Couchiching and the Casino hotel is not worth the money it costs to stay there. Thanks again Craig - it's nice to know there are still people of integrity that truly care about their customers in the business world today.

Sincerely, Ben from Brampton, ON

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your kind words on Trip Advisor. I hope your stay this past weekend was an enjoyable one. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Orillia. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Dawn T
CraigMusil, General Manager at Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Reviewed February 19, 2013

A good night's sleep and friendly staff made for a positive review. Our non smoking floor had an odor of cigarette smoke which was surprising. The breakfast buffet was pretty good! Great orange juice and Starbucks coffee. Bed was very comfortable! But the noise from the hallway was sometimes loud. Overall, we would stay there again :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ktravel33
CraigMusil, General Manager at Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our property. We appreciate the time it takes to write about your experience. I'm glad your had a great time and the service was great! Thank you for your feedback it helps us improve our services. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went to Orillia with Family for A weekend.Had never been this far up in Northern Ontario,before.

Did not know what to expect from the property and it was nothing special about this hotel.

Had a major problem with the Room as we could not adjust the settings in the room.The fan ran all night and could not turn the the temperature.Room was hot and dry.we had a horrible night sleep.
The Bistro staff was very pleasant.Breakfast staff was truly amazing.if it was not for the Breakfast staff Jessica and Kevin,it would of been a Horrible experience.
Breakfast is ok. One challenge we had was coffee and tea was included,hot chocolate was an additional cost for the children.

Staff was extremely friendly!

Room Tip: Make sure thermostat is working properly!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay! Your feedback is always valuable to us to improve our services. I apologise that you had some difficulty with the Thermostat. Please be sure to give front desk a call if you have any questions about using any equipment in the room.

Thank you for letting me know about the great service from Kevin and Jessica in the breakfast area! It is always great to hear about staff going above and beyond.

We really appreciate your feedback thanks again for taking the time to let us know.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Wanted to get away for the weekend, not too far from home and went to this hotel. The staff and customer service is outstanding!!!! There is a shuttle bus to and from the casino at a very minimal price. Nice sized rooms, clean and also included a fireplace, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The breakfast was really great too-eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit etc. which is also very much appreciated since we didn't really want to go out of the hotel for breakfast. Always enjoy Best Western Hotels!!!!!

Room Tip: Not sure of pool or spa, since we were there for one night and didn't have the interest in one.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for writing about your recent stay! Sounds like you had an excellent time! The spa area is very nice and relaxing so maybe next time you will have the time to enjoy. Just so you know there is no pool. Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We found the room to be very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did not eat there, this trip, so I can't really comment on the Restaurant. However, we have eaten there in the past (about 5 years ago)and it was very good. We only stayed the one night, but would have not had a problem staying longer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
CraigMusil, General Manager at Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

We appreciate your kind comments. Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor. Please do come stay with us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orillia
Stone Gate Inn
Days Inn - Orillia
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#13 of 14 in Orillia

Been to Best Western Plus Orillia Hotel? Share your experiences!