“Attractive Pleasant Place to Visit”

White Lions Tea House
Ranked #2 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Orillia
Cuisines: British, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This teahouse opened several months ago and the lady owner has completely renovated the old restaurant site and made it completely bright inside, and very attractive overall. The food consists of soups, salads, numerous types of sandwiches, plus a hot entree each day, and of course numerous teas, and other drinks, plus home made desserts. Food is extremely good
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been there about 6 times. The first 4 times were good, the fifth time was not (must of been an off day), but this time was really nice. My son and granddaughter took me there April 05 for my birthday. We went early at 11:00 am so my granddaughter could come. We all had something different and it was all good. Their soup was excellent, my son's sandwich was good (chicken)
and my granddaughter had cucumber and cream cheese tea sandwiches which she really enjoyed. My son had a cappichino which he really liked. They have a great variety of teas, and I really like the breakfast blend. For people's information, they only take cash or debit cards.
The place is bright and clean (compared to what it was when she bought it), and I am sure people will like it.
I suggest people try and come before 12 as parking is limited.

1  Thank JBJOHNSON

Reviewed January 21, 2013

It is a cozy little afternoon tea house. The owner Laurie is always friendly and the little desserts are fresh and delicious. Reasonably priced, for those on a budget.

1  Thank Orillia_Ty
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have visited several times and really appreciate the wonderful variety of teas offered and also the lovely home-baked goodies to go with. Thanks Laurie!

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

The first time we went I enjoyed crisp warm crumpets with a homemade strawberry jam. My friend had a scone filled with lovely crunchy pieces of fruit and we each chose to sample 2 different teas
The second time we came the scone was plain and stale and the clotted cream was on the verge of turning. I had the sandwich plate but found everything to be bland lacking both flavour and freshness.
The teas were delightful but we had to request that sugar be brought to our table.
The deserts were so unappetizing neither of us gave them a try.
A real shame as afternoon tea is a delight and there are so few places that offer high tea.
More homemade jams, pastries and breads could make all the difference

1  Thank Pheromona
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have been to this tea house 3 times before and enjoyed it each time. My daughter and I went Monday Sept. 17, 2012 and did not enjoy it. My daughter told the owner she was real thirsty and wanted a cold drink and ordered a certain type of cold drink for right then and an a tea to be served with her meal. I ordered tea. The 'cold' drink came after a wait along with her tea. The drink was pretty but was very warm with ice cubes. The lady said I did not have any time to get it cold so i put ice cubes in it. When my daughter tried it she said it is still warm and I told her I wanted a real cold drink as I was thirsty. We called her over and asked for more ice cubes or? I ordered soup and a sandwich special - asking for smoked salmon. She said I don 't have that as I did not want to defrost a big piece in case it did not get used. Why did she not freeze it in smaller pieces or take it off the menu? My soup was good but only luke warm. My daughter ordered the special and when it came the bun was burnt on the bottom and the portapella mushrooms were fried to death and tasted really oily. She ate a bite or two and could not eat it as the taste was terrible. When the owner cleared the plates, she did not ask my daughter why she had not eaten her food, just do you want dessert. We declined and went to Tim Horton's due to lack of time so my daughter could get an decent sandwich. Hopefully this was just a bad day for the tea house as it is a great asset to Orillia, and to this time I had only heard good things about it.

3  Thank JBJOHNSON