“Such a Disappointment!”

White Lions Tea House
Ranked #2 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Orillia
Cuisines: British, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This teahouse opened several months ago and the lady owner has completely renovated the old restaurant site and made it completely bright inside, and very attractive overall. The food consists of soups, salads, numerous types of sandwiches, plus a hot entree each day, and of course numerous teas, and other drinks, plus home made desserts. Food is extremely good
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have been to this tea house 3 times before and enjoyed it each time. My daughter and I went Monday Sept. 17, 2012 and did not enjoy it. My daughter told the owner she was real thirsty and wanted a cold drink and ordered a certain type of cold drink for right then and an a tea to be served with her meal. I ordered tea. The 'cold' drink came after a wait along with her tea. The drink was pretty but was very warm with ice cubes. The lady said I did not have any time to get it cold so i put ice cubes in it. When my daughter tried it she said it is still warm and I told her I wanted a real cold drink as I was thirsty. We called her over and asked for more ice cubes or? I ordered soup and a sandwich special - asking for smoked salmon. She said I don 't have that as I did not want to defrost a big piece in case it did not get used. Why did she not freeze it in smaller pieces or take it off the menu? My soup was good but only luke warm. My daughter ordered the special and when it came the bun was burnt on the bottom and the portapella mushrooms were fried to death and tasted really oily. She ate a bite or two and could not eat it as the taste was terrible. When the owner cleared the plates, she did not ask my daughter why she had not eaten her food, just do you want dessert. We declined and went to Tim Horton's due to lack of time so my daughter could get an decent sandwich. Hopefully this was just a bad day for the tea house as it is a great asset to Orillia, and to this time I had only heard good things about it.

3  Thank JBJOHNSON

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Whatever tea you like - they have it and serve it beautifully. The pastries and lunches are excellent and home made soups too. If you prefer coffee (pity !) they will serve that too. Just a cut above the regular lunch.

1  Thank Janet. Mrs T
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This seems to be filling a need for somewhere nice to go with friends for a cup of tea. They have various types of tea, sandwiches .

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We shared a lovely afternoon in the newly renovated White Lion Tea House. The hostess was able to accommodate both a vegetarian and a gluten free diet, with a variety of items to choose from on the menu. The food was homemade, delicious, and nicely presented. There were pages of different teas, and we all enjoyed our selections, while also learning something about the process of tea growing and picking! We sat there for about three hours, and never felt like we were rushed or taking too much time. I would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank CorinneOrillia
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The building has been completely renovated from a dark dark place to a bright and appealing building. The lady who runs it is pleasant and welcoming. Plus the food and soups are fantastic. Go t it

1  Thank JBJOHNSON