“Incredible food, for an incredible price! A must try...”

Era 67 Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #3 of 163 Restaurants in Orillia
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our team is proud to present Era 67 Restaurant & Lounge, nestled in the heritage district of downtown Orillia, Ontario. We are located at 64 Mississauga Street West, within walking distance of the historic Orillia Opera House, charming boutiques, and the Port of Orillia. Also in close proximity to Casino Rama.The inspiration of our name is derived from the Era of 1867, when citizens from all walks of life joined together to create Canada - a bold new country built on hope, faith and hard work. We believe in the same values today. Through personal experience and travels, our culinary team and their families are well aware of our enriched land's one-of-a-kind flavours and its bountiful produce. They also truly appreciate the amazing tastes and aromas our country has to offer.Our award winning Executive Chef, Rachel Hobbs, harvests only the freshest proteins and ingredients to create her signature dishes. Blending old world cooking knowledge with modern culinary techniques, our menu represents the best of this great land, from delicious British Columbia salmon to tantalizing Alberta beef and succulent P.E.I mussels.Displaying a wonderful heritage feel, Era 67 is a celebration of Canada's finest foods, coupled with impeccable service and a warm ambiance. Whether planning a night on the town or a quiet intimate meal, from the moment you arrive we guarantee an unforgettable dining experience . . . because that's what true north friends do for one another.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

After visiting the Casino we were looking for a nice place to have dinner. We always check trip advisor reviews and take a peak at the menu before we decide on somewhere. I was very impressed with the reviews, and the menu was enticing with the old favorites and also new dishes to explore.

My boyfriend and I had:
Two Caesar drinks
Appetizers: Smoky Mushroom, Parmesean and Truffle Soup, and Hearts of Romaine salad.
Main: 7 oz top sirloin; one with Rosemary Red Skin Dirty Mash and one with Era 67 poutine.

If you are a fan of Caesars (the drink) like we are... you will LOVE this one. I am going as far as saying the best I have ever had by a long shot, and I have tried many.
The Hearts of Romaine salad - A caesar salad with a twist. Perfect dressing, real delicious bacon pieces and toasted cheese. A perfect start..Mmm
Smoky Mushroom, Parmesean and Truffle Soup - This was spectacular. A real homemade flare with a perfect blend of flavors. So delicious... makes my mouth water thinking of it.
The steaks were very very good. Aged and tailored in house by Check Ian. Perfect amount of spices for me, and a delicious taste of meat.
Mashed potatoes and fresh veggie medley were delicious with my steak. The poutine was my boyfriends favorite.. a traditional poutine taken to a whole different rich level with the twist of duck. Not overpowering at all... this was Excellent.
P.S. All this for under 100 bucks. Last place I went that was 'fine dining' cost me $400 for two people. This place is the best kind of fresh food and at an amazing price. This is a steal in my eyes.
Our waiter also made the experience one of the best. He was laid back, answered all questions with ease and made us feel very welcome.

Don't forget to check out the map on the wall before you leave. There are color coated pins spread all across Canada, showing where the different food comes from. Authentic Canadian..truly amazing. MM think I will try the Pickerel next time

I usually don't write reviews...but this restaurant deserved one. Thanks to Chef Ian for a great experience, great meal...we will be back soon :)

1  Thank Dani1911

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This restaurant is is boastful atmosphere. the ambience is fantastic and the food is beyond fantastic. The menu is flavourful and mouth watering. The chef takes his time to create each meal and every taste is fabulous.

the Staff Corey was amazing he took the time out to explain each dish and and every one is worth trying.

I will most definitely be going back this summer.

2  Thank Roxann S
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This restaurant is excellent!!!! Great food, great ambience, great service. Wonderful dinner. The menu has Interesting food choices to suit a wide range of tastes and a focus on local food sources which was a nice touch. Service was excellent!!. Busy place so may not be the best choice for a quiet romantic dinner but overall a great dining experience with friends. I highly recommend this gem in Orillia.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

As an Orillia local I have eaten here many times, as a couple or in a group of friends. Nice night out for dressed up or casual. The steaks I think are among the best anywhere. Mussels one of my favourite as well. Salads, soups all predictably good. Some off -the -mainstream items including the duck poutine are great. Buffalo, lamb all exceptionally flavourful. Friendly staff, good service and great food make this our favorite in town

Reviewed March 5, 2014

very cozy atmosphere,pricey, but excellent value for monies spent! all orders completed as requested. wine list good ,pleasant staff. highly endorse this little Orillian gem

1  Thank Alex M