“Best Restaurant North of GTA”

Era 67 Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #3 of 151 Restaurants in Orillia
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our team is proud to present Era 67 Restaurant & Lounge, nestled in the heritage district of downtown Orillia, Ontario. We are located at 64 Mississauga Street West, within walking distance of the historic Orillia Opera House, charming boutiques, and the Port of Orillia. Also in close proximity to Casino Rama.The inspiration of our name is derived from the Era of 1867, when citizens from all walks of life joined together to create Canada - a bold new country built on hope, faith and hard work. We believe in the same values today. Through personal experience and travels, our culinary team and their families are well aware of our enriched land's one-of-a-kind flavours and its bountiful produce. They also truly appreciate the amazing tastes and aromas our country has to offer.Our award winning Executive Chef, Rachel Hobbs, harvests only the freshest proteins and ingredients to create her signature dishes. Blending old world cooking knowledge with modern culinary techniques, our menu represents the best of this great land, from delicious British Columbia salmon to tantalizing Alberta beef and succulent P.E.I mussels.Displaying a wonderful heritage feel, Era 67 is a celebration of Canada's finest foods, coupled with impeccable service and a warm ambiance. Whether planning a night on the town or a quiet intimate meal, from the moment you arrive we guarantee an unforgettable dining experience . . . because that's what true north friends do for one another.
Oro Station, Canada
“Best Restaurant North of GTA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Fabulous food using fresh local ingredients at a very reasonable price. I will definitely be back!!!!

“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is one of the better restaurants that I have eaten in. I've eaten there many times now and there is always a great selection and it's always fresh and new. I would recommend to anyone.

• Visited November 2013
ont. can.
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

What an excellent meal! Right from the friendly greeting at the door until we left the atmosphere was perfect. I was there with a girlfriend for an annual get together we do at Christmas, this was our first visit to era 67. The appetizer were perfect I am in love with chef Ian's scallops and my friend has a new passion for brie, we both had a steak dinner that was cooked to perfection, I also had the Crab and Lobster homemade béarnaise sauce and she had the Trio of Mushroom and Maple Sticky Onion... both were exquisite! I could rave for hours but the food will do that enough on it's own! Small town charm with a big city sophistication! Excellent job Era 67

“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I went to Era 67 last night. It was our third time there. Great food, great atmosphere...which brought us back. Made a point of making a reservation and was able to get a table at 5 pm. The restaurant was basically empty when we arrived.
We ordered our wine and entrees. As soon as we were finished eating the entrees, the waiter arrived and asked if we would like to order something else...to which I replied that we probably would but just wanted to take a moment. He replied "just know that this table has another reservation at 7pm".
I was a little taken aback and felt a little insulted. The main purpose for choosing this restaurant was to enjoy the food, the wine and to take our time.
We did order a steak and had decided on having dessert and coffee afterwards.
The waiter came to our table and cleared our plates and returned within minutes with, what we thought was, the dessert menu. NO...not the dessert menu. It was the bill.
I looked at him and said "we had planned on having coffee and dessert" to which he answered "you don't have time"!!!!
Honestly...I was angry. If I wanted a drive-thru meal, I would have gone to McDonald's.
If a restaurant of this caliber wants you, in and out of there, within a certain time frame then they should specify this at the time of the reservation.
Very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Thank lili4885
Era67Restaurant, Owner at Era 67 Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Hi Lili,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience. I am extremely apologetic for the outcome of your evening. For the past couple weeks prior to our Friday and Saturday dinner services we have been completely booked solid for a multitude of guest Christmas parties happening here. Even though you might not see customers sitting in the restaurant at 5 pm typically those tables will be reserved for either a 6 pm, 6:30 pm or 7 pm reservation.
To say the least, it has been a little hectic around this small restaurant over the holiday season.
In any event, I take full ownership for this experience as I believe I took your reservation the afternoon prior, on the Friday, and I recall saying we only had 5:00 pm or 9:30 pm available as those were the only two time slots we had open throughout the week.
I had been telling multiple guests that if arriving at 5 pm the table would only be available until 7 pm as we had a party booked at that time.
We are normally very diligent about communicating this with our customers at all times but I must have mentioned the 5 pm and 9:30 pm time slot however forgot to mention the 2 hour allotted time at the table.
Typically this would never happen at our restaurant, only during Christmas holiday season and special food festival events like Barrielicious and Flavours of Lake Country where it gets very busy with multiple turnovers and we now try to be as communicative as possible.
My sincerest apologies for forgetting that very important detail when booking, I am quite shocked myself.
In addition, I have spoken to all of my staff and the delivery of the message will be certainly improved pertaining to time restraints.
Please feel free to email me direct with any other additional questions or comments.
We would love to have you return and this time dessert is on me.
Live, Love, Laugh & Eat!

Have a very safe and happy holiday season.

Sarah Valiquette-Thompson
Owner/General Manager
sarahvaliquette@era67.com
“Classy and Intimate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Celebrated my birthday last night. My husband had never been to Era 67 and he was very
impressed. The Menu is wonderful. The presentation of our meal was a delight. Had to take
photos as it was beautifully done. We ordered the steak and it was awesome. No wonder
you are my favorite restaurant in Orillia.

Hi 184June,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience. So happy you enjoyed everything on your birthday and that we are a restaurant you enjoy coming to! It means the world to us to read positive reviews from our guests. We like to share them all on a regular basis with our entire team. We love this business very much and sharing it with happy customers makes all worth it!

Thank you again for writing about your experience and looking forward to your return visit!
Many exciting things happening at Era 67 in the New Year.

Sarah Valiquette-Thompson