“Delicious meal from start to finish!”

Era 67 Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #3 of 151 Restaurants in Orillia
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our team is proud to present Era 67 Restaurant & Lounge, nestled in the heritage district of downtown Orillia, Ontario. We are located at 64 Mississauga Street West, within walking distance of the historic Orillia Opera House, charming boutiques, and the Port of Orillia. Also in close proximity to Casino Rama.The inspiration of our name is derived from the Era of 1867, when citizens from all walks of life joined together to create Canada - a bold new country built on hope, faith and hard work. We believe in the same values today. Through personal experience and travels, our culinary team and their families are well aware of our enriched land's one-of-a-kind flavours and its bountiful produce. They also truly appreciate the amazing tastes and aromas our country has to offer.Our award winning Executive Chef, Rachel Hobbs, harvests only the freshest proteins and ingredients to create her signature dishes. Blending old world cooking knowledge with modern culinary techniques, our menu represents the best of this great land, from delicious British Columbia salmon to tantalizing Alberta beef and succulent P.E.I mussels.Displaying a wonderful heritage feel, Era 67 is a celebration of Canada's finest foods, coupled with impeccable service and a warm ambiance. Whether planning a night on the town or a quiet intimate meal, from the moment you arrive we guarantee an unforgettable dining experience . . . because that's what true north friends do for one another.
Barrie, Canada
“Delicious meal from start to finish!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Four of us ate dinner here last night and it was AMAZING! I had the cheddar ale soup which was to die for, with so many different flavours all in perfect harmony. We also had the bruschetta which was also really good. For the main course I had the mushroom ravioli which was the BEST mushroom ravioli I have ever had. For desert we all shared the desert poutine (YUM) and the apple beignets which were light, not too sweet and oh so good. Our server was also very good and attended to us well. I was very happy we made the drive from Barrie to Orillia for this meal- it was definitely worth it!

1 Thank SarahHinton13

Toronto
“a must try!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Passing through and glad we stopped in here for lunch! I was quite impressed with the food. Everything that can be is locally sourced. I had the PBLT, which was a thick cut peameal, arugula, white cheddar and tomato sandwich. Had it along with the hearts of romaine. The meal was superb! My colleague had the poutine and said it was great. As far as atmosphere goes, the lounge was cool. Dining room was nice but I found it dark and a bit stuffy. Service was great! I highly recommend finding your way to Era 67!

Visited August 2013
ontario
“Un-characteristically disappointing”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love Era 67, most times, so I was very disappointed to reserve a table for the Barrie-lious fixed price festival for 7pm and find they were sold out of 1 of their 3 choices that early. So instead, I had to order a la carte at double the price. Then, I was told the coffee machine was broken and had been for a few days. What? No back-up plan? So no cappuccino etc.., only drip coffee. Very disappointing for a restaurant that is supposed to be the best in town.

Ottawa, Canada
“Best in Orillia”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We visit Orillia twice a year and always come for a meal here as a special treat. The service is fantastic and the food great. I like how they try to use local or at least Canadian ingredients in their menu items.

Toronto, Canada
“Very good lunch in a ho-hum atmosphere”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

After reading the reviews we decided to give this restaurant a try on a day trip to Orillia. I am glad we did. We shared the Steak Sanny, an open faced strip loin steak on bread with a nicely flavoured sauce. We also shared a salad and a brown sugar tart. The food was very good but the service a bit slow for me. This may have been because, I suspect, everything was made to order. The dessert took so long that we were thinking of canceling the order but decided to wait. When we got the dessert which was ever so slightly burned we had the impression that it had just been made but don't know for sure. But the food was very very good, including the dessert. The decor was a bit stuffy for my liking but perhaps not for others. The restaurant is in a building with a few other unrelated businesses and gives the impression of not being a great place. Don't let that stop you. Ultimately it is about the food and Era67 hits the mark.

1 Thank rijobel