“Great Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Great service, great food, and a nice place to go for a relaxing dinner. I love the veggie special pizza!

Steven O, Manager at The Portage Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Thank you for reviewing our restaurant The Portage Italian Bistro! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience and will pass along your comments to all of our staff. The Veggie Pizza is one of my favorite items on the menu too. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review we appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Treated my wife to a Valentine's dinner here. We were pleasantly surprised that they had a live singer/guitarist. The special menu was very unique, and we were pleased with our dishes and the overall service at this restaurant at the Best Western.

Steven O, Manager at The Portage Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant! We are so glad you enjoyed the special menu and the experience at The Portage Italian Bistro on Valentines Day. Thank you for letting us be apart of your special occassion. We hope you come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

We visited this restaurant based on the reviews here.
It's well presented, but you know it's a restaurant/hotel bar by the TV behind the bar.
The food was average at best, the appetiser we split: Breaded Brie with Strawberry Coulis was a small piece of cold brie with what appeared to be strawberry jam from the breakfast buffet. It was served with some flat bread and what appeared to be unsalted ritz crackers.
My wife had the Tuscan Roasted Salmon, it was way overcooked by the time she received it.
I had the 10oz Rib Eye Steak, it was cold when it arrived. Accompanying potato wedges were cold and rubbery.
We did mention this to the waitress and $5 was knocked off the bill.
Not sure if there was a different chef on that evening, but it definitely didn't live up to the reviews here.

Steven O, Manager at The Portage Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time and posting your feedback, we value all comments to help us improve our services. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I am disapppointed we failed to give you the fine attention and consideration we strive for with all our guests. I will be giving the staff your comments to ensure that the problems you experienced with the restaurant do not happen again. Again we do apologize for your experience and hope that you give us another chance.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

I really like this restaurant. Good food and service, and fair prices. They had a special menu when I was there for flavours of lake country. Looking forward to going back the next time I'm in Orillia.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

First of all, I never order steak at a restaurant because I'm very picky when it comes to steak, and I'm so often disappointed. I tried my husband's steak and ended up eating half of it because it was SO delicious. The chef is amazing! The waitress found it quite humourous when he ordered a second steak because I "wouldn't get off his plate". We had a great time there. I had the fettucini surf and turf (one of my favourites), which was excellent. There was an abundance of shrimp and scallops, not just a couple like you normally see in restaurants. They have a great wine selection too. I didn't indulge in dessert because I was so full, but I did have a Starbucks coffee after my meal. Yes, that is right! They have STARBUCKS!! Orillia, you are moving up in the world. I thought I had died and gone to Bistro heaven. Highly reccommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Nora S