“Average at best”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group for a Christmas celebration and was sadly disappointed. Food was average, service was slow and it wasn't busy.

1  Thank AEM123
CraigMusil, General Manager at Grape and Olive Wine and Martini Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate it when customers make us aware of their perception of the manner in which they were treated while in our establishment. Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconveience we have caused you. Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. We value you as a customer and hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were visiting the area from the states and just did a random search on the nav system. This restaurant came up and we decided to give it a try. When we saw it was inside of a Best Western we got a little nervous but when we walked in the decor was nice. Our meal was fantastic and the service was very good. The chef absolutely knows what he is doing. Comparable to any restaurant I have eaten at anywhere.

Thank you for trying our restaurant I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised about your experience. Please do come visit us again if you are back in the Orillia area. I hope your trip to Canada was an enjoyable one!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We are new to Orillia, and yesterday, we went to this restaurant for the first time. It is difficult for me to eat out at the best of times because I have an extensive food intolerance list. We called in advance to ask for recommendations from the menu that could be "tweeked" so I could eat them and they offered us several options. When we arrived, the table was already set up for us, and both the chef and head waitress came to greet us. The chef looked at my allergy list, and said no problem! And so it was...I had a real salad, with many fine and tasty ingredients and a divine dressing freshly made. It was as if I had made it at home, and it certainly was not just lettuce, It came with a huge piece of salmon, grilled to perfection. I highly recommend this place if you have food allergies. The chef was super. It gets my rave review and I'll definitely return here.

CraigMusil, General Manager at Grape and Olive Wine and Martini Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for writing about your experience on Trip Advisor. It sounds like the Chef and Head Waitress took very good care of you and I couldn't be more happier about your comments. Thank you so much for letting us and potential guests know about the wonderful service you experienced. It means a lot to me and my staff. We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Hurray! There's a new chef at Grape and Olive Wine and Martini Bistro, and the food has vastly improved since the last time I dined there. At that time, I panned the bistro. Now I am happy to report that the new chef knows how to cook: lightly flavoured soups, stuffed chicken breasts and lovely pastry and fruit desserts. Congratulations. The bad news is that the old chef is still in Orillia, and I've heard unflattering things about the food at his new venue on Front Street. Tant pis.

1  Thank Rae F
CraigMusil, General Manager at Grape and Olive Wine and Martini Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for giving us another chance and writing about it on Trip Advisor! We are very pleased to win back a customer. Thank you for taking the time to share. We appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Once again, visiting from UK and this was top of our list from last time. Totally awesome brunch, lovely friendly staff - do not miss this one its great. Our bill for 3 plus chocolate milks x4, coffees and juice just $67!!! Will definitely be back.

Oh wow you travelled a long way to have our brunch! ha ha. Thank you very much for your comments.