“Excellent value and service”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent value and service”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Everything about the hotel was great, from before I arrived until the moment I left.

I had several special requests and all were cheerfully accommodated. Amber was on duty on the front desk both days and was helpful and attentive.

The room was clean and bright, the beds comfortable, and there were as many amenities as could be squeezed into the space (e.g. clock radio, coffee maker, ironing board). Wi-fi was easy to set up and use. The TV was quite new and had a good selection of channels.

Breakfast was fresh and included a number of healthy choices. A staff member worked hard to set up the breakfast rooms ahead of schedule and keep them clean and adequately stocked. Orillia and Toronto newspapers were available just off the lobby, along with a computer and vending machines. A number of movies are available on DVD for those who are interested.

Management clearly pays a lot of attention to detail, from the big things mentioned above to little things like flowers and tasteful no-smoking signs. All of this comes at a very reasonable price, along with discounts at nearby restaurants. I'd gladly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FromTOR
Michelle-GM, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank You FromTOR for such kind comments. We are extremely pleased to hear about your great stay with us and that our staff and property accommodated you . We have been honored with the 2012 GOLD AWARD and are delighted that you noticed our “little to big things” with our property. Our Staff is always joyful to assist our guests with any requests and will see to that it is to the best of our abilities. We hope that we will see you in the near future for another great stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Pros:

- Front staff person was great...female starting with the letter A. Way more personable and efficient than a lot of those higher end places. So thanks to her.
- Much better price than other places in Orillia. Sure, for those going to Rama it may be more convenient to stay closer, but it's not that far a drive.
- Enough channels to watch
- Tim Horton's on the other side of the parking lot, other eating places close by as well
- Pet friendly units, this might be a con for others but they need to stay somewhere

Cons:

- Older building, this was probably an original Journey's End hotel. With so many places being upgraded, this one needs some work probably
- One could hear road and hall noise a fair bit. Nothing disastrous, just noticeable
- The beds and especially the flimsy pillows weren't that great
- Breakfast is nothing much and not too many tables

There is a barbecue area on one side of the building, sadly some of the denizens failed to remove their garbage and beer cans from the area as they were littered there the next morning. (there is also a feral cat colony in that area, that's been there several years and is probably well known by locals). More of a blue collar clientele which I didn't really mind one way or the other. Pickup trucks and motorcycles etc. Again it's an older property, but we felt secure there. I was at a brand new hotel (elsewhere) a month earlier and all kinds of doors were left unlocked. This place had locked back and side doors which one would want.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roncar
Dear Roncar

Thank You for your pros-cons review. With reviews such as yours, we as a team are able to continue the great and build upon our weaker points. You are correct that we were a “Journey’s End” long ago, but since we have changed into a Comfort Inn, we have won even more Gold Awards for our outstanding customer service and cleanliness.
As you had mentioned, we are a pet-friendly hotel with specified rooms as some of our guests do have allergies. We are located in a prime location for dining areas as well as fast food restaurants. Located 11km from the wonderful Casino Rama, it is only a short drive to entertainment. Our property is continuously going through renovations and upgrades, as we have added an outside sitting area to enjoy our Complimentary breakfast in the sunshine.
As one of our main priorities, guest security is extremely important to our staff.
We hope to see you once again in the near future.
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have travelled the province many a time and found that the best hotels are the Comfort Inns. The property in Orillia is a wonderful place to stop and rest your tired head. The beds are comfortable, the pillows supreme. the staff are wonderful and always greet you with a smile. The hotel is very convenient. The ground floor access from the parking lot to the room is ideal when you have lots to carry. Breakfast is a perfect start to the day. The waffles, well, I take a few extra to eat on the way, lots better than donuts. Keep on doing what you are doing as you are doing it right. Off your top.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dharmesh P
Dear Manager,

We thank you for choosing Comfort Inns on your travels. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you on your travels in the future.
Uxbridge, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Nice staff. Smelly hallway, reaked of old smokey hallway from when people were allowed to smoke inside. Breakfast was a joke. Food was TERRIBLE and not even a place to sit? Room was as average as average can be which is what I expected.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you bdaltybenn for your review. We appologize for any issues that arose from your stay with us. As we do still have smoking rooms on our property we encourage guests with sensitivities to smoke, pets, or any other allergen, to speak directly with our guest service reps for the best available rooms for their stays. Choice Hotels will be rolling out a new "hot" breakfast soon so our guests can enjoy even more of our complimentary morning blends. We also do have a sitting room near the lobby where you are able to enjoy. Hope to see you again soon with all of our new upgrades.
Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I WOULD STAY THERE ANYTIME, at ORILLIA COMFORT INN. We stayed there July 1/12 and checked out July 2/12. Everything about the hotel was very good.
We were in a lower floor room . At 1:03 am I had to call front desk as there a bunch of kids having a party. The girl on duty went and had them tone down the noise which they did for 10 min. My wife and I slept about 3 hrs. the whole night thanks to the party and the running in the halls.
When I went to check out in the morning I met a girl behind the desk named AMBER STEDMAN. Amber has the title of FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR ( I HOPE SHE GETS A PAYCHEQUE TO GO WITH THE TITLE) I told AMBER what happened and I would like to pay my Bill and get a reciept. As I was telling her what happened she looked at the computer then at me and said the bill was looked after. At first I did not get it and she said it again no questions asked. I was not looking for a freebee I just wanted her to know what had happened.
This place might not be a HOTEL GEORGE 5 like in Paris France as in 5 star but I will say this, AMBER STEDMAN on a 1 TO 10 IS A 12. Total common sence with customers.
If you are going to ORILLIA ONTARIO I urge to stay at ORILLIA COMFORT INN,
THE SERVICE IS AMAZING!!

Room Tip: Hope there is no PARTY GOING ON SO YOU WILL SLEEP GOOD.In regards to sleep quality I would have put...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fingers111
, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you Fingers111 for your review. We are please to hear that our staff was accommodating for your stay. We appologize for any issues that arose during your evening at our property. We hope to see you again soon.
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed on this past saturday, rooms were good and clean, I don't recommend non smoking rooms around the smoking area they still stink!!
Morning check out staff was great and friendly, however the evening desk staff was not very friendly at all.
Breakfast was delicious though, a good quick fix before you hit the road!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank HotelCritic181736
, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you HotelCritic181736 for your review. We are pleased to hear that your room was clean and accommodating to your needs and that our Sunshine breakfast satisfied. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Popped into Orillia for the weekend last minute and were thrilled to get a room without a reservation, staff were very accommodating friendly and overall outstanding rooms were spotless and I do check for hair as I have a phobia lol. Great surprise was the free continental breakfast in the morning as my boys are big eaters and saved me about 100 bucks :) over all great place great staff extremely happy with our stay and like Arnold says "I'll be back"

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Iggypup16
, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you IggyPup for your review. We are pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable and that your big eaters enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We as well as yourself, have a hair phobia, therefore we are pleased to hear your room was spotless. Hope to see you soon again for another great weekend!