“Not as good as in the past”

Webers Charcoal Barbecued Hamburgers
Ranked #11 of 158 Restaurants in Orillia
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Weber's has been part of our life for over 40 years.
Our recent visit and visits in the last few years has convinced us to stop stopping.
Meat is tasteless and the buns poor quality and fall apart. Handling of condiments with servers hands is unacceptable.
It is a real shame that cost cutting and poor quality has impacted on a once memorable highway stop.

2  Thank Lynne B
There are newer reviews for Webers Charcoal Barbecued Hamburgers

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have been going to Weber's all my life so I understand the nostalgia draw. I rarely eat hamburgers so I can't comment on other people's posts but I do like their hot dogs. I find the buns way too big (a problem with the burgers?) but I simply break the foot long in half and eat two halves in half the bun. Perfect (don't need any more bun than that.) I don't know why people complain about the toppings. You can watch them load up your burger and ask for more if you want more. When we go we ask for extra extra of favourite toppings. The best shakes are in the ice cream parlour (rather than the main line.) Despite long lines the turn around is very quick. They have it down to a science. Other "fast food" places could learn. The same line length at one of the chains would take two hours, 20 minutes is max at Webers. And finally, the best part --the fries, they are fabulous (add extra seasoning salt if you want) and they are using a bigger box this year too. Yum, they are the main reason I stop. (and yes, it is very clean, lots of picnic tables, clean washrooms, the train was fun when the kids were little, etc. Keep it up Webers.)

1  Thank Kath C
Reviewed June 1, 2014

People on their way north on Highway 11 often stop at this burger joint, handily located right beside the highway. Just pull over and plenty of parking in a very nicely assigned mini-park with often times sufficient number of picnic tables. There's even a walkway overpass, built for the south bound voyagers to stop for a treat.
In prime time of the year, you can enjoy a deserved break from your hot seat and line up for 1/2 hr. or so along with a 100 other travellers and view traffic zipping by the highway about 20 ft. away. The reward ? - a tiny overpriced hamburger on a tiny bun and a tiny order of greasy fries.

Hmmm can't wait till my next trip; with a lunch pack.

1  Thank JOHN C
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a great spot to stop going up or. Down highway 11. The food is fresh, service is fast and the prices are competitive. However, I think that much of Weber's attractiveness is it's reputation as THE place to stop en route to a cottage-country vacation. Whole the burgers are good, I would not rate them as exceptional. In addition, the buns are tasteless, totally lacking in substance. The fries are tasty. Overall, the portions are a tad on the cheap side.

1  Thank MelvaOntario_Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Line Up was not as long as I expected. They had a couple girls taking pre orders which certainly help move things along. We sat outside on a lovely day. So service was good and the atmosphere was good. The burger itself was small and a bit dry. Would I go back. probably.

1  Thank LPPM