“Lack of food handling training”

Webers Charcoal Barbecued Hamburgers
Ranked #11 of 151 Restaurants in Orillia
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Barbecue, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Lack of food handling training”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Staff not wearing gloves while putting topping on burgers. Cook touching raw burgers then grabbing buns. Girl puts onions on burger, realized she made a mistake and brushed them off with her hand. Much more can be pointed out but will stop there. Could improve in the food handling area. Food handling Training is a must. Will not go back.

Leuven, Belgium
“If only the people at work were this efficient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

The food was perfectly acceptable but nothing special. The burgers taste much as you'd imagine a perfectly decent burger to taste like. The organisation of the place was truly awesome and I think it's worth stopping by just to watch the employees at work.
We arrived at what looked to be like a half an hour wait, but came out in five minutes food in hand. The waitresses were extremely friendly and charming, one had my change ready before I had taken the notes out of my wallet. The waitress making our burgers had a flair to her work, while she made them as quickly as was humanly possible. I only wish that one day we could find a technician as efficient as her.

1 Thank LittleOblongSpheroid
Kitchener
“It's all about the experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

The food is average (burger and fries) but the restaurant runs like a well-oiled machine. The choice of picnic area or eating in a railcar adds to the atmosphere of this well located stop on the way to cottage country.

Toronto, Canada
“Great service, food could improve”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have such fond memories of stopping at Webers for a burger, fries and a shake years ago on the way to a friend's cottage, so when I found myself northbound on Hwy. 11 last weekend, nostalgia pulled me off of the highway once again. As usual, there was a line up spilling out into the parking lot, but this wasn't a problem as some fresh, pleasant kids were there to take our orders and speed them through the grill. Unfortunately, the burger, poutine and shake meal really wasn't as memorable this time. Seems like a bit of a case of resting on one's laurels. It was OK, I was just expecting so much more.

Hamilton, Canada
“The Way Meat should be”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Up north just past Orillia on Highway 11 is Webers. A roadside hamburger joint and a Ontario tradition. It is a tradition because it serves quality burgers made from their own patties. The patties are made in their own small scale plant in town. They are beefy in flavour and the texture feels like; very little, if any, fillers are added. When I bite into one I think this is the way meat should be.

Great food, but one of the girls managed to put my burger onto my tray, and the burgers of the construction workers inline before me, with a contemptuous gesture. Thick skin, bounced off my chin.

You can expect a line up at meal times, but the line up moves fast. Seating is indoors in old railroad cars or outdoors and the area is set up like a park. The washrooms were clean and another staff asked how we were doing. There is extra parking across the highway

• Visited August 2013