“Basics not included ....”

Webers Charcoal Barbecued Hamburgers
Ranked #16 of 164 Restaurants in Orillia
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed June 10, 2012

There is a lot of hype with this place and I can remember stopping for lunch a couple of times as a kid. It's been a few years, so we thought we would visit. The service was terrible (not sure the kid wanted to be there). There were only a few people in line but this guy was impatient and rude.

The burger was a disappointment for what you pay for. My memories were so much different. The burger was overcooked and dry.

Of course, they have put a lot into the location with indoor and outdoor seating. Washrooms are very clean and located in one of the train cars. The convenience of the location for making a pit stop is ideal.

We won't be stopping by again and I hope they go back to some basics. Customer service with a smile might be a good start.

2  Thank CDNTrav00

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have been wanting to know what the hype is all about for years and finally made the pit stop today on our way back. 2 parking lots, their own bridge and a 20min line up and all we got was a thin overcooked flavourless burger. I don't get what the hype is about!! And for those of u who are excited w the fries, its just cajun seasoning ppl.

Don't waste ur time

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Of course nothing is better than my own home made burgers. But, this place tops my lists for take-out burger joints. The burgers are great, the fries aren't bad, and the service is awesome.

There is plenty of out-door eating areas in the sun or shade. They have air conditioned comfortable train cars (lots of leg room) for the hot or wet days.

Be aware that this place always has a line-up and if there is a big line-up, do not fear, these people are experienced in dealing with crowds. There are a few staff members that take your order and money while you are waiting in line. So, the line moves fast and by the time you get to the front of the line your order is 95% - 100% complete. This is what I call very efficient service. To maintain their effective service, you need to pay in cash. I think they have ATMs on site.

Parking is not a big issue; there is parking on both sides of the highway which Webers can be accessed safely by bridge. In fact, the bridge is a Toronto icon; it was once part of the old "skywalk" pedestrian bridge crossing the railroad tracks to get from Front St to the CN Tower. The bridge was moved from Toronto to Orillia and installed at Webers in the Fall of 1983.

Just look for the fire-coloured bridge crossing highway 11 just north of Orillia.

One negative about this place: It is closed in the winter months.

2  Thank CndTrvlr042
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The food is just okay. Been there 3 times in 15 years. Still not sure why the huge line ups, its not THAT good.

1  Thank Brenda B
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I've been eating at Weber's since 1978. I live in Maine but spend time in Ontario every summer and I always look forward to a visit or two for the absolutely delicious burgers. The atmosphere is fun and the food is fantastic.

1  Thank BVIloverCamden