“Excellent food”
Review of Sixteen Front - CLOSED

Sixteen Front
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sixteen Front is an elegant restaurant with a casual atmosphere. Executive Chef Ian Thompson, with his distinctive style, creates an array of innovative entrées.Sixteen Front prides itself in using only the finest ingredients including Certified Black Angus beef and the freshest seafood's. Our extensive assortment of international and VQA wines compliment your dining pleasure.Our lounge offers lively entertainment around the baby grand piano on Friday and Saturday evenings. Also offering charming patio dining.
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We had the seafood jambalaya and chicken stuffed with goat cheese. Simply excellent. The salads were also very good, in addition to the desserts - yum goes to the chocolate lava cake and mixed berry crumble with ice cream. Friendly waiter. We didn't have a reservation and had to sit in the lounge next to the piano player - that was the only downside. Make a reservation in advance!

Reviewed May 17, 2010

After hearing about Sixteen Front, my friends and I, decided to start our night out by dining at this restaurant prior to going to see a show at Casino Rama. We had called in for an early reservation for a Saturday night, without any problem. We were greeted at the door by courteous staff and seated immediately. Our waitress as well as all other staff who assisted her were pleasant and very thorough. Our food was cooked to perfection and the selection of wine was excellent. Prices were affordable and the atmosphere was welcoming and warm. Not once did we feel as if we were being rushed with our meal. I recommend this location to everyone and would most definitely return.

Reviewed May 6, 2010

I had heard about this restaurant from a few friends and decided to check it out for myself.

Having eaten at many fine dining establishments throughout North America and Europe I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful decor and the warm and friendly greetings from ALL staff.

As I was seated my attention was drawn to the crisp white linens and the beautiful wine glasses. (unusual for restaurants to have this type of glass) Our server was bubbly and very helpful with food choices. Throughout the meal she knew just when to appear with water fill ups and coffee and dessert.

I ordered the 7 oz. filet with vegetables and it arrived at my table hot and perfectly grilled. Each and every mouthful burst with flavour and was very juicy... The vegetables were tender crisp and the variety was substantial.

My experience at Sixteen Front was exceptional and I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone! Now that I know about this gem of the north I will visit more often.

April G.
Barrie, Ontario

Reviewed May 4, 2010

This restaurant is awesome!
The food was excellent and our server Shannon was amazing. I would recommend this restuant to anyone and we will definitely be back.

G&J Jenner

Reviewed April 8, 2010

Took my parents there for a great meal, loved the live entertainment in the lounge.
Everyone really enjoyed everything, we highly reccomend.