“Won't try this again!”
Review of Sixteen Front - CLOSED

Sixteen Front
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Sixteen Front is an elegant restaurant with a casual atmosphere. Executive Chef Ian Thompson, with his distinctive style, creates an array of innovative entrées.Sixteen Front prides itself in using only the finest ingredients including Certified Black Angus beef and the freshest seafood's. Our extensive assortment of international and VQA wines compliment your dining pleasure.Our lounge offers lively entertainment around the baby grand piano on Friday and Saturday evenings. Also offering charming patio dining.
Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Won't try this again!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Positives- service was great , steak was delicious
Negatives-dinner for two was over $200 which we don't mind paying if the food is good. Dinner started out with a glass chip out of the martini glass, the supposed to be hot appetizers were lukewarm, no salt in the salt shaker, a$10 martini becomes $17 because we asked for a specific gin, the prime rib was very fatty.
There are lots of other restaurants out there that have great food and would love our money!!

• Visited March 2014

Brampton, Ontario, Canada
“Barrie-licious”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Delicious appetizers, mains and dessert all for $25!
Particularily enjoyed the Shrimp Cocktail with Siracha & Creme Fraiche, Angus Burger and Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee.
Garlic Soup Sampler - both tasted pretty similar, Blackened Whitefish could have used more spice/seasoning but the Basmati rice with veggies was delicious! Service was excellent.

Visited February 2014
Newmarket, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Default”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We also landed to Sixteen Front by default, as Era 67 was closed for renovation. There were four of us. Everyone had the prime rib except me and I had the lamb. We all started with a seafood chowder. I'm from the East coast and a chowder is a thick, rich seafood stew. The chowder was very tasty and I would have called it a soup. The other three diners was very happy with their prime rib and my lamb was absolutely delicious. I had carrot cake, rich, dense and old fashioned. The rest of the group envied by choice. However, when I asked for a cappuccino, I was told the machine was broken. Disappointing, to say the least. Very enjoyable but, it should have been. The place is expensive, the service is great and the food is good. Will I go back to Orrilia for the lamb. Maybe

Orillia, Canada
“great appetizers!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Really like the onion soup and the garlic soup. Thursday 1/2 price appetizers are a great deal. Excellent flavour!

Haliburton, Ontario
“Surprisingly poor food”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I went to 16 Front by default as Era 67 was closed for renovations. I went for lunch with work colleagues, looking forward to a new experience. The ambience was okay, though the vast, cold opening as you enter takes away from a cozy feeling in the front dining room, where it appeared the lunch crowd was seated. Two of us ordered the Beef Au Jus, one with sweet potato fries and one with regular fries. The other ordered the hamburger. What I got was beef on a hamburger bun with a side of thick gravy, and a mediocre amount of uninspired sweet potato fries. There was no presentation or garnish even attempted. My colleague found a great deal of gristle in her beef, while I had less. I would say this ranked well below the quality of food I could get at Arby's for half the price, as this sad plate was $14. On a positive note, my other colleague said her $13 hamburger was good. Won't be going back.

2 Thank portinastorm