“Fantastic Steak”
Review of Sixteen Front - CLOSED

Sixteen Front
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sixteen Front is an elegant restaurant with a casual atmosphere. Executive Chef Ian Thompson, with his distinctive style, creates an array of innovative entrées.Sixteen Front prides itself in using only the finest ingredients including Certified Black Angus beef and the freshest seafood's. Our extensive assortment of international and VQA wines compliment your dining pleasure.Our lounge offers lively entertainment around the baby grand piano on Friday and Saturday evenings. Also offering charming patio dining.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Now I am not a big steak eater. But got persuaded to try at this place and was hooked. I have been back twice after and ordered the same. (lately at a "special" $30 dinner menu)

Ambiance: Quite Pleasant
Server: Gurpreet: Wonderful

Food: The starter shrimp/crab plate was very nice; followed by a sizeable piece of steak, exquisitely done, served with just the slightest of distractions!

The accompanying desserts were not spectacular but nice.

Negatives: service (we were delayed in seating and no apology from the preoccupied "manager." Wine: expensive for a small town like Orillia.

Will we go again...yes - for the steak but sparsely, due to the price point.

ps: To the Management: The palate cleanser "pudding" between starter and main - get a sorbet or just drop the idea.- it almost ruined my steak.

1  Thank IkeD

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Went for lunch with my boss, it was very nice, food was good, a little pricey! I would go again, but not too often.

1  Thank lacrossemom333
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I should have taken the hint when at prime dinner hour on a Sunday there was only one other couple there. The onion soup was good but the linguini surf and turf was awful. The lobster balls were cold and fishy the meatball was cold and the sauce was over powering and a slushy consistency. It's a brand new menu so I guess they are working out the kinks. The server was great, so nice I didn't want to break her by telling her how awful the main was. Not her fault.

1  Thank Bdarat43
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Despite 5 separate confirmation conversations with this restaurant, we arrived with 25 guests to find out that they'd given our reservation away because we hadn't returned one phone call. Soup was tasty but luke-warm, portions were small and not equal. Luckily I wasn't very hungry and was able to give my husband half of my salmon filet because his was much smaller to begin with.

2  Thank Muggins_1955
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We visited on the first "official" evening of their new menu (I believe that they have a new chef). The service was ok ... reaching in front of us a lot, and "you guys" which to me means very casual and not very well trained. Wine ordered but arrived late after our appetizers, a salad and a grilled vegetable dish.
The food was delicious, and I think we made good choices. Mains were a stuffed chicken and a pork tenderloin and very tasty ... veggies not over cooked.
We shared a fruit crumble for dessert and it again was ok but had a great big lump of the crumble mixture in the middle which we didn't eat.
Prices not too bad for not being in a big city.
There was a live piano player in the lounge later on and she was good but they left the other background music on which was a bit weird.

1  Thank RosnDavid