Maples Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$109
$102
$87
Bayview Inn(Orillia)
$43
Stone Gate Inn(Orillia)(Great Value!)
$101
$95
Holiday Motel(Orillia)
$50
$47
All reviewsmetro grocery storedowntown locationwalking distance to the beachbed was comfortablelots of hot watercoffee makersmall fridgeflat screen tvlay your headplace to sleepstayed two nightsshort walkperfect locationenjoyed our stayfree wifiwaterfrontbathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed here with my family while visiting Orillia for the Scottish Festival - as I had never been to this city before I wasn't quite sure what to expect. We arrived at this small hotel located on what appears to be the 'main drag' of Orillia and is literally steps away from a beautiful boardwalk and marina.

The Pro's

Let me tell you, the outside appearance as of now isn't overly spectacular, its almost straight out of B-movie... But what's at stake here isn't the outside appearance, its the people that run the show. The rooms are spacious, clean, and the renovated bathrooms are beautiful, fresh towels in the bathrooms and the standard complimentary soaps. There are air conditioners in each room that keep it nice and frosty. Also, an excellent security system that covers this property from side to side so your vehicles and kids are safe.

The location as I mentioned is roughly 200 yards from the boardwalk and beach with a huge area for kids and adults to play. For the price of this motel, you really can't beat it! Let us also mention that their "competitors" don't have this advantage. Also, a 24 hour grocery / drug store is directly behind the motel, with an LCBO just behind that. Don't forget to visit Rombos right behind the motel for an awesome breakfast!!!

Lastly, the owner and his family are some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Their hosptiality and friendliness are the reasons I'm writing this review.

I don't really have anything negative to say about this motel. The customer service is so outstanding it trumps the 'small things' we could pick on.

You may say 'What the hell, does this guy work here?' ... The answer is no. I'm a people manager and recognize a good job when I see one and place recognition where it is deserved. Keep it up!

• Stayed: July 2011
7  Thank bmitchelljr
Reviewed August 8, 2010

The owners are friendly and accommodating, the room was spotless and the bed was comfortable. No complaints at all. Quiet surroundings made for a restful sleep. Stayed two nights and would definitely recommend the Maples Motel to anyone looking for a great price, location and comfort. Free internet was also included. Top notch motel and service!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
8  Thank cdn_spader
pattison, Owner at Maples Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

Thank You for staying with us recently at Maples Motel. I'm glad to here you had a nice stay.
We look forward to see you again in the future. And thanks for taking your time to review on trip advisor. Sincerely,
Owner Of Maple Motel

Reviewed June 30, 2010

We stayed at the Maples one weekend in order to attend a concert at Rama. I found the room clean and attractive with a small fridge, microwave and kettle in it as well as a tv. Mostly importantly it was also very quiet - he seems to screen the guests as much as he can. The location was perfect as it was located within walking distance to the main street of Orillia (which is very attractive with interesting stores) and the attractive parkland along the lake - you couldn't get any better location. It was only a 10 minute drive to Rama. The owner was very pleasant and helpful and I would definitely stay there again. I also found the price very reasonable compared to others that were not as centrally located. Nice Italian restaurant on the main street with an excellent breakfast on the weekend - reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Rosytabby
pattison, Owner at Maples Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2010

Hi RosytabbY
I am glad that you had a very nice stay at our motel.Thanks for staying at our motel.We look forword to serve you again in the furure.

Reviewed August 26, 2009

A few of my friends decided to get away from the busy lifestyle of Toronto by visiting Casino Rama. Since we were only going for the weekend and on a budget, instead of paying over $150 a night for a room, we decided on a budget motel. We booked over the phone and got an excellent price for the weekend and we were not expecting much when we checked in but we were surprised.

The motel location is fantastic. You can see the lake from the motel and it is a 2 minute walk. There are restaurants and shops in walking distance. The hotel staff is very friendly and walked us to our rooms. The rooms are very clean, looks like recently renovated. One of the rooms even has a jacuzzi, a budget motel with a jacuzzi?! lol

We had a pleasant stay at the motel and if we are ever back in Orillia, we would definitely stay again. You cannot find a better deal in terms of price, cleanness and friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank amoney1981
Reviewed August 24, 2009

As my wife and I have stayed at the motel for short and extended days during the summer, we found that not only are the rooms pristeen but that the staff are quite accomodating with any requests. The location puts you at the heart of the city , steps to the waterfront and the beach, and no more than a five minute walk to the main drag for some great food and shopping. With all that this little gem has to offer, one can't help but return again and again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple